After PtR

Arkley, demio, your brushes must be wearing down to their ferrules (and no that isn't rude :P).

Cheers

I

We all have our fetish :D... LOL

I hope so. I have never been so motivated to paint lol.

I totally agree.

November was a difficult (eye problems) month for me but this board has kept me motivated

Arkley, demio, your brushes must be wearing down to their ferrules (and no that isn't rude :P).

Cheers

I

Huh, huh, he said ferrule! :D

I'm gearing up for the LPC next year, and failing that, whatever is happening in the DA forum after the PtR is finished :P

Typically there's the forum wide LPC Jan 1st to Mar 31st, Captain Semper has a Heresy Era thing on horizon, Dec start iirc.

Cheers,

Jono

Don't bet money on that Jono, I think the Heresy thing stalled...

Wait, so I don't have to order anything from Forge World just yet? My bank account thanks you!

It's actually a bummer to hear about this, I was looking forward to finally grabbing some resin and getting to work. Maybe next year?

Typically there's the forum wide LPC Jan 1st to Mar 31st, Captain Semper has a Heresy Era thing on horizon, Dec start iirc.

Cheers,

Jono

Don't bet money on that Jono, I think the Heresy thing stalled...

TBH, YAY!!!!!!, only because I'm down to 5 mkIIs and need to buy more, which wasn't going to happen by Dec anyway.

Cheers,

Jono

The PtR is meant to lead us into the the LPC (Librarium Painting Challenge) where we the Dark Angels will have to defend our title. Whether the Mods adopt some of CPT Semper's ideas from the ETL (E Tenebrae Lux) competition is still in the air. The ETL was run from within the Dark Angels sub forum but went Forum wide with great results. The BoA (Brotherhood of Angels) competition foundered in the light of the ETL and while it is perpetually open (for an entry from the amazing arkley and other masterfully painted DIY Unforgiven), I don't think it will return next year. The popularity of the painting mini competitions will see these carried over well into next year hopefully with a new codex to swell our post count so that we remain the most active BnC sub forum.

Other ideas that worked in the past:

Worldwide campaigns with the DA typical campaign within the campaign (Medusa V)

Battle Tracker (this is active at the moment but will probably reboot with the new DA codex) for the gamers

But as we have seen these past few months demonstrated by CPT Semper, any Frater can suggest a bold new idea and run with it (pbenner's custom dice also comes to mind). Especially with the DA and their hidden Inner Circle supporting and helping new ideas.

I don't know if I could survive another painting contest :whistling:

I am just about maxed out with this one and models for 2 other (non PA) forums - my powers are growing weak ;)

I don't know about others, but the Path to Redemption has really motivated me to paint. I wonder if there is any plans for another similar project coming after this?

You still have three more months of the PtR to go..... which leads you right in to the LPC 2013 where we will need to defend our title.... and face up to the Blood Angels who lost it to us and the Black templars who won the ETL2012....

We are only halfway through the PtR.... so gear up as the real fun is about to start.... updates to follow soon.. :huh:

The PtR is meant to lead us into the the LPC (Librarium Painting Challenge) where we the Dark Angels will have to defend our title. Whether the Mods adopt some of CPT Semper's ideas from the ETL (E Tenebrae Lux) competition is still in the air. The ETL was run from within the Dark Angels sub forum but went Forum wide with great results. The BoA (Brotherhood of Angels) competition foundered in the light of the ETL and while it is perpetually open (for an entry from the amazing arkley and other masterfully painted DIY Unforgiven), I don't think it will return next year. The popularity of the painting mini competitions will see these carried over well into next year hopefully with a new codex to swell our post count so that we remain the most active BnC sub forum.

Other ideas that worked in the past:

Worldwide campaigns with the DA typical campaign within the campaign (Medusa V)

Battle Tracker (this is active at the moment but will probably reboot with the new DA codex) for the gamers

But as we have seen these past few months demonstrated by CPT Semper, any Frater can suggest a bold new idea and run with it (pbenner's custom dice also comes to mind). Especially with the DA and their hidden Inner Circle supporting and helping new ideas.

GMB, don't sell yourself short. I would contest the notion that the BoA contest foundered. It was aimed at DIY chapter histories and we have four very rich detailed hsitories of DIY successors to cherish. I would consider that an excellent result. We may make it a perpetually open event in that people could submit their own chapter histories and provided they reach ana cceptable standard be awarded the "Chapter MAster" banner and their chapter logo on an annual basis. Something to think of.... ;)

The DA forumw as involved in two world wide campaigns, both paralleling GW Campaigns. The first, in 2003 accompanied the EoT campaign (13th Black Crusade) and had 400+ participants and a rich storyline. The second was with the Medusa V campaign which you mentioned above. No reason to look at something like that if Gw starts another WW campaign...but would be difficult to develop independantly.

I have to admit I would love that Brotherhood of Angels Banner :)...

Just be patient and .... reap just rewards... B)

I don't know if I could survive another painting contest ;)

I am just about maxed out with this one and models for 2 other (non PA) forums - my powers are growing weak :ermm:

Lack of faith is heresy.... heresy begets a session in Chamber 42... :P

SG

You still have three more months of the PtR to go..... which leads you right in to the LPC 2013 where we will need to defend our title.... and face up to the Blood Angels who lost it to us and the Black templars who won the ETL2012....

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Time to remove that signature of shame.

Don't worry about it. I yanked the BoA out of the depths for you. Go ahead and submit your background there. I'll re-add my Saints of the Angels and work on the Adamant Angels as well. I also need to sketch the Chapter symbols (perhaps in the 3:1 style).

And thank you Shadow Guard for the kind words as well as thinking of keeping a lingering flame there for the Frater who also like to write as well as paint.

After seeing all the work put into the BoA...my Iron Reavers are gonna have a spot in there. Just gotta wait till semester finals are over, and my batteries have recharged a smidgen :lol:

After seeing all the work put into the BoA...my Iron Reavers are gonna have a spot in there. Just gotta wait till semester finals are over, and my batteries have recharged a smidgen ;)

Just remember that only the very best are admited to the hallowed halls of the " Brotherhood of Angels" and thus earn the right to wear the Chapter master badge of honour... we don't accept any old yarn now, do you understand? :) :)

SG

Just remember that only the best are admited to the hallowed halls of the " Brotherhood of Angel" and thus earn the right to wear the Chapter masetr badge of honour... we don't accept any old yarn now, do you udnerstand? :P :lol:

SG

Of course not Master! Lack of quality is ALLMOST as much a heresy as lack of faith. And i have no desire for a return trip to Chamber 42 *shudder*. You could call my afore mentioned remarks a "vow of intent".

;)

I think this thread has been hijacked to be the revitalized BoA discussion thread.

I saw your WIP there Arkley. Good stuff so far and would love to see some of your masterfully painted minis there as well! Now to get Bryan Blair over there with his Stoneburners ...

And I came up with another Chapter idea, Naaman's Vengeance. A post 26th founding that has pissed off more than a few people and are not sanctioned by the Imperium. Started after the Piscina IV incident, they are a small force of former scouts of Naaman's that are seeking vengeance against the Orks who took part in the battle. Wholly supported by the Unforgiven, the fledgling chapter is swollen with Scouts and the Battle Brothers who have taken up the Scout Armor again. They do not have any Deathwing or a formalized Ravenwing and there are very few Brothers inducted in the Inner Circle. Due to Belial's involvement in the battle, he is closely monitoring the 'chapter' and supports them with Deathwing squads when available. Master Sammael has done the same with the Ravenwing and a couple of Successors with grudges against Orks are also aiding them.

Archived