Is deathwing good?

Roma

I'm starting a new army soon, and deathwing would be good. Main concern is their problem with flyers. I read online about things like fortress of redemption and qud gun lines. What do DW players think of this edition?

Current edition at least, Deathwing have the least to fear from fliers since their massed Storm Shields and Terminater armour means they can survive the high quality fire you can expect from most fliers.

So boring to play such an army and it does lead you into situations where you might come up against your nemesis (I.e. Armies which have your number and aren't fussed by your fancy armour).

Deathwing Tactical Squads are great in 6th edition thanks to their 2+ save and Power Fists.

Now Power Weapons are useless against them, they're more versatile and tougher than ever.

Really good army which works well as a Phalanx and focusses its firepower on a target at a time until it's destroyed, then picks another target.

Mortis-Pattern dreadnought solves the flier problem very quickly.

Mortis-Pattern Contemptor with Dual Kheres and a Cyclone for 230 points solves it even faster!

This times 2. Recently got 2nd in a tournament playing DW with 2 mort dreads. A different Deathwing army placed first.

The question you need to ask should be "Am I worthy enough to play the 1st legion's armored elite. Does my soul pine to take the field alongside the finest warriors of the Imperium? Do I possess the conviction to follow the hunt alongside the Lion where ever it may take me?" or simply "Does this army's aesthetics as well as play style appeal to me?

Archived