Chaos Contemptor Dreadnought

Cmdr Shepard

Phil Kelly really let us down..

But at least he didn't completely butcher the Chaos Fluff, which someone else might of...

I am sorry , but how did the fluff get better then it was before ? the problem with dexs is that if your looking for fluff and you dont like it , you just make your own . If a codex rules suck , there is no way to make your own . At best you can switch to a different codex , but that rises the question why use up a codex slot for chaos when 2-3 tau or builds would have been better for the game as a whole.

.really a mortis pattern dread can have 12 S6 ap 4 rending shots and still be 20 pts cheaper than ours? I dont even?!

imagine double FoC SW , the same units you would take with chaos[csm=gh, havocks=LF , sorc=RP] . lots of LF , spliting fire , RP and MortCons as your skyfire support . A nice for fun list you could play on the weekends against friends , when you just want to roll some dice .

i know this might be a pain, but I wasn't able to keep up with all of the abbreviations, could someone do it out full for me i'd appreciate it :P

FoC =force organistation [at more 1999pts you get 2x2HQ 2x3 elite/fa/hvy etc]

csm=chaos sm

GH-grey hunters

LF=long fangs

MortCon = a dual shoting weapon contemptor . the loyalist one can take up 2 better assault cannons and a cylcon and if he doesnt move he gets skyfire . ah and he costs less the chaos one without better weapons , skyfire etc.

Phil Kelly really let us down..

But at least he didn't completely butcher the Chaos Fluff, which someone else might of...

I am sorry , but how did the fluff get better then it was before ? the problem with dexs is that if your looking for fluff and you dont like it , you just make your own . If a codex rules suck , there is no way to make your own . At best you can switch to a different codex , but that rises the question why use up a codex slot for chaos when 2-3 tau or builds would have been better for the game as a whole.

Before you go off on your pseudo WAAC rant, which I've seen so much of from you.

Can I just point out that at no point did I say it was better (perhaps read before posting) I said at least it wasn't mauled to death a by certain writer who I don't think I need to name.

Not everyone wants to create their own fluff, and not everyone thinks "oh well, they've changed something fundamental to the races history, who cares I'll just write my own"

Can I just point out that at no point did I say it was better (perhaps read before posting) I said at least it wasn't mauled to death a by certain writer who I don't think I need to name.

what does maul to death mean ? either the fluff is better or it is worse . It is not better or more then the 3.5 and IA articles , so there is only one other option left. Even if one doesnt look at the codex from a game play point of view[which has 0 to do with tournaments . tournament players love the chaos codex , because it doesnt change the meta game at all and they can keep playing their SW/IG/Necron/demon armies without buying new stuff] , the codex is not an improvement .And when one considers how much new/changed fluff was given in the DE or necron dex , this is a downgrade [again not a game play point of view].

Not everyone wants to create their own fluff, and not everyone thinks "oh well, they've changed something fundamental to the races history, who cares I'll just write my own"

well then this means the codex is bad and the fluff was mauled to death . It cant be not crap and not represent the chaos legions/renegades well.

what does maul to death mean ? either the fluff is better or it is worse . It is not better or more then the 3.5 and IA articles , so there is only one other option left. Even if one doesnt look at the codex from a game play point of view[which has 0 to do with tournaments . tournament players love the chaos codex , because it doesnt change the meta game at all and they can keep playing their SW/IG/Necron/demon armies without buying new stuff] , the codex is not an improvement .And when one considers how much new/changed fluff was given in the DE or necron dex , this is a downgrade [again not a game play point of view].

Mauled to death - To injure by or as if by beating

I'm sorry but that's total crap, the world is not black and white. The fluff is not worse than it was, it just hasn't been savaged by the Writer as you've so kindly pointed out about the Necrons, although you claim its better fluff, when in fact it's not.

well then this means the codex is bad and the fluff was mauled to death . It cant be not crap and not represent the chaos legions/renegades well.

This final quote is again way off the mark; you clearly mean "represent the legions well" as "the rules are crap therefore chaos fluff is crap" when in fact I meant "their entire history/fluff hasn't been rewritten for the sake of some ridiculously overpowered rules and that's good"

I'm not saying the Codex is good is terms of playing the game, because they got hit hard by the 6th Edition, and then hit even harder by the new Codex. But at least the the Chaos history hasn't been destroyed and rewritten for the sake of rules.

Archived