Grimaldus, the lesser Pedro?

Terrified Templar

Ok I need some help with the rules for Grimaldus's cenobyte retinue. It says that as long as at least one of them is alive Grimaldus counts as having a Holy Relic. So does that mean he gets a Holy Relic each and every turn and basically becomes a somewhat nerfed Pedro Kantor?

No, a relic can only be revealed once per game, so you can hardly use it every turn. And despite his cenobytes technically carrying more than one relic, you can still only use a cenobyte relic once even if all three servitors are alive. If you also have a relic on the Standard bearer of a command squad, it can be used in addition, like Grimaldus' codex entry says. So technically you could get +2A for a single turn, or +1A in two different turns. Such a Grimaldus death star with AAC Vow could be pretty damn nasty, base attacks + 2 more on the charge + 2 relic attacks :) Since I'll be getting a Grimaldus model next month, it's probably something I'll try once just for the look on my opponent's face!

Ah ok well that threw a wrench into my plans but even without the relic Grimaldus still gets 7 strentgh 6 Ap4 attacks with re rolls to hit on the charge. I am working on a mech-black tide hybrid list and if I could use a holy relic each turn it would have been great but since I can't I guess I will have to work around it, thanks for the help

Archived