Anyone else frustrated at the moment?

Aegnor

I feel the frustration.. I had a bunch of Ravenwing models (4 boxes worth) all primed up and then lost the bug for painting and modelling. Fast forward about 2 years and I pick up a brush again and I really enjoy it.. so I start painting Ravenwing, sign up to the Path of Redemption competition and start reading all the new stuff that's in the pipeline (albeit rumoured) for us.. now I look at all those primed models and think.. what a waste of money, I'll need to buy up new boxes and the force composition won't be the same.. so much for my Ravenwing project to be able to field the whole lot...

At least the terminators I have painted won't be "wasted". :P

No real Veruca "But I want an Oompa Loompa NOW, daddy!" frustration here. :P I am just whiling away the time cleaning up/assembling an Imperial Strongpoint( that's the big box of two Imperial Bastion sets and three Aegis Defense Line sets), and working on getting a friend of mine's Word Bearer's Defiler painted. That will keep me plenty busy until we get some actual pics of new models and more verifiable rules tidbits, and we should have that in a couple weeks.

32 more days... SQUEEE!!! :P

No real Veruca "But I want an Oompa Loompa NOW, daddy!" frustration here. :P I am just whiling away the time cleaning up/assembling an Imperial Strongpoint( that's the big box of two Imperial Bastion sets and three Aegis Defense Line sets), and working on getting a friend of mine's Word Bearer's Defiler painted. That will keep me plenty busy until we get some actual pics of new models and more verifiable rules tidbits, and we should have that in a couple weeks.

32 more days... SQUEEE!!! :D

Is 32 days a definite? :P

Magnets are your friend! :D

I've magnetized the speeders so far, but for infantry models like sergeants etc, I'd rather glue the weapons on and have done with it. I've (only) got about 50 Terminators, so their loadouts I'll work out after the codex drops. No problem, I can wait a bit longer....

Almost all of my TDA is magnetized. I like having variation whenever I want, a few will have set weapons but the vast majority will be magnetized.

Plus it makes things easier for any changes they may inact.

I also do the same for my vehicles, Independent Characters, characters (like the sergeant,) and special weapons. anything to make it so I don't have to buy more models than I actually want to have. Especially since I am mostly going to be using FW models. I need more cash so I can do the multiple-unit bundles they have...

.. now I look at all those primed models and think.. what a waste of money, I'll need to buy up new boxes and the force composition won't be the same.. so much for my Ravenwing project to be able to field the whole lot...

Remember its all just rumour and supposition.....the chaos codex rumours had all sorts of nonsense in them!

If you have the itch, you may as well paint something. Even if all you paint is bolter marines, at least you won't have to worry about them ever becoming useless.

Edit: Hmmm... I may take my own advice and see just how many I can get painted before the new release.

I finished up a whole lotta green marheenz over the last little while in the hope that any changes to them will be minimal, maybe a few arm/weapon swaps etc.

My 6 DW squads have been on the back burner despite fully magnetised arms, this is because I live in hope we get some robed or blinged up minis in a month or so. The ones I currently own will help to make up the Demi Company with maybe 4 new squads to provide a little variation. It's all good.

The new RW (DV) are pretty cool, I think a few squads of old and new will look awesome together, either mixed in each sqn or kept separate to allow for easy ID of Elite type units.

Still...the unknown is a bit of a drag :)

s

I know it doesn't seem like it to you rash frustrated types, but I'm not frustrated, I'm excited. Yeah, I slowed down on painting and I'm checking the rumors 2-3 times daily, but the truth is we were given an okay Codex that heralded in a new design philosophy that they abandoned. Had they stuck to that design philosophy across 5th Edition things would have been different but because they didn't, it's like we've been limping on a bad leg ever since. So with that in mind, yeah, there will be unpredictable changes and some shuffling of things around, but all in the name of restoring us to some semblance of our former glory. So even if the anticipation is killing me, its a good anticipation, not a bad one.

Hell, I even told the girlfriend to put my holiday presents on hold. "Get me GW gift cards!" The stuff I want most is coming in January.

Sit tight. If you must paint then stick to the basics. As for successors, they're in all likelihood going to be exactly the same as the ones now and I wouldn't anticipate any successor special characters even if I'd love to see an Angels of Absolution one (or two!).

But our moment in the sun is coming. Be patient.

To clarify, my major issue is deciding between going DA themselves or a successor chapter. Quite torn, and keen to see what new fluff is in the new Codex - especially as there's been the change in legion sizes since the previous edition. So even painting up my tacticals is on hold.

Conscious though that this is a minor whinge compared to guys who've been waiting for a new Codex for 5 years!

One of the tricks to avoid getting frustrated is to just make things look cool with zero regard for how effective it is! Power fist/storm bolter company master with a company command squad in a razorback? Nigh useless right now and that's not likely to change but I'm gonna keep working on it.

No real Veruca "But I want an Oompa Loompa NOW, daddy!" frustration here. :wallbash: I am just whiling away the time cleaning up/assembling an Imperial Strongpoint( that's the big box of two Imperial Bastion sets and three Aegis Defense Line sets), and working on getting a friend of mine's Word Bearer's Defiler painted. That will keep me plenty busy until we get some actual pics of new models and more verifiable rules tidbits, and we should have that in a couple weeks.

32 more days... SQUEEE!!! :D

Is 32 days a definite? :)

Oops! I forgot the delayed week delay, so it may be 39 days. Still SQUEEE!!!! :D

Ahhhh, I got this same feeling!!!

I've been buying vet boxes and storing them in fear of my favorite models to be canceled. So far I have 4...

Don't think that will happen. People keep buying that box and the ravenwing one even outside the DA for their marines regardless of chapter and even for chaos marines to add bling.

It is one of the most successful products IMHO. They wont drop it easily.

One of the tricks to avoid getting frustrated is to just make things look cool with zero regard for how effective it is! Power fist/storm bolter company master with a company command squad in a razorback? Nigh useless right now and that's not likely to change but I'm gonna keep working on it.

Yep, I've got a PF/SB Pedro Kantor looky-likey in red-gold armour that I painted up about a month before 6th Ed changed everything.......probably never field him, but he looks cool! :D

Ahhhh, I got this same feeling!!!

I've been buying vet boxes and storing them in fear of my favorite models to be canceled. So far I have 4...

Don't think that will happen. People keep buying that box and the ravenwing one even outside the DA for their marines regardless of chapter and even for chaos marines to add bling.

It is one of the most successful products IMHO. They wont drop it easily.

You never know, but I'm not taking my chances... They could be dropped in favor of the new "inner circle box". I sure hope not! Either way, when that new shinny wardex comes out I will have model lying wait to be built.

I've just been painting models that I've had built and/or primed already. I'm very excited to be getting a new book; this will be the first time that an army I'm playing gets updated, so I'm very interested to see what changes are made. Hopefully we get a book that lets our Tactical Squads become cheaper and competitive, so I can start painting some of them in the long run.

I'm not frustrated at all...

Indeed I have something like 10 of them are still on the sprues and wait for the new entries but for the rest I have on the way : Typhoon, dread with AC, DV minis... All are entries that won't change enough to affect them so I still can paint them without the fear of get useless minis (+ since I have more or less 10000pts of DA I already have LOTS of useless minis ;) )

Anyway it's also the luck to play several armies : My Tzeentch deamons army known a boost recently as you all know and I have Kairos + screamers + flamers to paint while waiting for te new dex.

Other options: Aegis Defence Line - not a chapter-specific item but capable of being added to any army list no matter what codex you have. You're not restricting yourself to a chapter's armour colour and you're adding a unit to your force :lol:.

Cheers

I

Currently I am reading the Betrayl HH supplement. Man how many things we were considering and where wrong and how many things have been brought into light. Though I doubt the 1st will be published in those series soon, I sure hope some answers will be given, because many have false avenues of thinking.

Anyway I am satiating my lust with this currently and with the upcoming box of DV I will be getting It seems. Plus from coming Friday I will have access to my toys again. Perhaps a vow if I make it in time?

Dunno yet. Whatever it is I will stick to tactical squads. Those wont change much. Perhaps the loadout of the sarge or the special and heavy weapons.

Archived