Anyone else frustrated at the moment?

Aegnor

Frustrated -

yes: as still waiting for the codex

yes: GW keep changing the paints just as I settle down on a scheme :)

no: as some great models to paint and convert from the DV box

As ever there is loads for me to paint ;)

Other options: Aegis Defence Line - not a chapter-specific item but capable of being added to any army list no matter what codex you have. You're not restricting yourself to a chapter's armour colour and you're adding a unit to your force :down:.

Cheers

I

Fortress of Retribution... (Captain Semper)...

I'm kind of in a holding pattern myself right now... With all the rumors of a DA codex release before Christmas, I went ahead and went a little crazy with my purchasing...

I have

6x DV Tactical Squads

6x Rhinos (or Razorbacks)

4x DV Terminator Squads

3x 5 man DV Bike Squads

(3 full DV sets plus extras)

6x Veteran Sprues

2x DA Vehicle Upgrade Sprues

With as crazy as things have gotten in my personal life the last few months, and no codex until early next year.. I'm kind of working on other projects at the moment... I really want the codex now damnit...

I would just sit on all of that until the codex comes out. Then you can become a frothing madman modeler. :huh:

I already am lol!

I'm just waiting. I have all the primer and paints (Army Painter Angel Green) and everything is set up on one of my shelves ready to be cranked out production line style. I just need the motivation the new codex will infuse.... That and the crazy to settle down a little...

Its a metric ton of models to paint, but I am looking forward to it...

It sure is frustrating,waiting to see what the new dex will bring.Ihave enough stuff painted to make a generic list

but with all the rumours there are a bunch of stuff that I'll want to buy for all 3 types of DA,plus not knowing how the ravenwing

and the deathwing are changing leaves me with 15 termies waiting for equipment (and painting) and 10 bikers waiting for equipment (and painting).

Thank god i have magnetised the 3 land speeders i have (though the typhoon launchers keep falling off...).I also have 10 BT torsos waiting to be

converted(with a sharp knife and lotsa bits!) to the rumoured brothers interogators or chaplains or plain old veterans...Lets hope the waiting is worth it

this time,meanwhile I am working on a few BA allies(yay angels of death) and a few orks i have lying around(dont' shoot,don't shoot)

Only a few weeks and we'll know...I only hope we dont become the Grey Knights of 6th ed.

I'm just waiting. I have all the primer and paints (Army Painter Angel Green)

I think I am gonna need that primer since I am running out of DA green as well. Does it compare well to the old DA green or do I need repainting?

I also got a ton of models. Hope the painting challenge will help a bit motivating me.

As a vet player, I can only say - paint your squads according to the 3rd ed codex - it has a clear list of all units on it's last page.

Termies are another story- magnets are your friends

What I hope is that we DON'T get a new flyer - Dark Angles never used them,outside of Thunderhawks...and those would be soo cool in plastic (at a reasonable price ) , with less guns and a smaller price tag.

Somewhere along the lines of 300 pts, with less guns then the vanilla apoc version....

And I hope Matt doesn't turn our codex into an anal beat machine as he did with several others. That would skyrocket the sales, and everyone and their brother would be buying DA ,while the rest of the gaming community raise their eyebrows ...asking themselves ...did he play them before the second "fall"

To say the wait is hacking me off is an understatement. I just want to be able to list bash and work out of dual-wing or greenwing is the way forward so the painting can commence.

Although technically speaking 2 ravenwing battleforces and DV should keep me a tad occupied if i'm honest

In the interim, inspiration finally struck about a direction to take my Chaos stuff from the DV set (traitor White Scars) so I can do that for a the holidays until the new codex comes out.

I am frustrated...and what sucks even more is I will be out of pocket for the first 2 months of the new year, while my stuff sits at home waiting for me to open. I am going to see and hear all kinds of cool things on this forum and be chomping at the bit to get at them.

I have over 3000 points of Deathwing I started this summer, just waiting to finish, 2500+ points of Ravening I am waiting to add to and a complete 4th Battle Company. Most are done, but before I out any final markings on them, I am going to wait for the new codex to see what new things I can attach.

I have been keeping busy with my Iron Warriors, and now I have to completely re-construct my Warhound Titan (he fell off the shelf and broke into more pieces then he came in), so for the Christmas break I will be glueing and pinning him back together

I'm just waiting. I have all the primer and paints (Army Painter Angel Green)

I think I am gonna need that primer since I am running out of DA green as well. Does it compare well to the old DA green or do I need repainting?

I also got a ton of models. Hope the painting challenge will help a bit motivating me.

I honestly dont know how well it matches. I am coming into DA fresh, so I dont have any models painted with the GW DA Green. I decided to go with Army Painter because the colored primers match their brushon paints now. With my slooooow painting... I figured it should speed the process for me quite a bit.

This is how i am doing them:

Prime Angel Green

basecoat Angel Green (to clean up any points not covered by the primer)

Wash of a mix of 3/4 Thrakka green and 1/4 Badab Black (Already mixed a batch of this for the project)

Drybrush Greenskin

Wash of Thrakka Green

I am only using Army Painter paints, Primer and Warpaints line. great stuff.

I do feel your pain but i've spent my time repainting my Imperial Guard to be the Piscina IV defence force (love those ally rules). It's given me something to do but there's only so much work they need.

And yes, my Dark Angels have a Baneblade.........

No Frustration, i am just painting stuff. tacticals will be always viable. DeathWing termies, always (both were in the starter box). I got 10 tacticals to be finished. 3 ravenwing bikes to finish, 3 ravenwing bikes waiting primed. Chapter Master and librarian waiting to be painted. Old metal chapter master waiting to be primed... and 10 Death Wing Termies ( 5 hammer / shields and 5 lightning claws ) waiting to be primed.

I figure we get brand new shiny DeathWing boxes eventually with all nice sprues like GK's did. Will be buying those when they appear and increase then my DeathWing numbers to 30 or more. Actually I am way too busy to paint to actually think matter and get frustrated, albeit I fully understand OP and I would his endevaur to go rattle GW's doors (or at least shout rather rude comment towards them and then runaway before security can react)

... and I got 10 primed magneted veterans with whole host of options... NO WAIT I AM FRUSTRATED!!! "#¤%& GW; BRING US THE CODEX!!! *goes rambling incoherently face red of rage*

Well, I've got to paint a couple things for a GT in 1 month time...so that should keep me busy for a while.

Plus...I went crazy and ordered 2 FW fliers...betting we will get fliers in our new dex. Even if we don't, they are still beautiful models...

And I'm tidying up the "WIP" drawers around my house...did you know I had 4 unknown LS lying around? Neither did I ;)

I am definitely feeling the wait for the new 'dex impacting my hobbying... A friend of mine has organised a "Company Challenge" where a bunch of people make armies based on a SM Company... I want to do Deathwing, or Ravenwing, as I have the models to hand, but I don't really feel like making and painting them when I know a new 'dex that could invalidate any of the work is due in January. A shame, as it means my holiday modelling time will be devoted to my Chaos, or even Vanilla Marines instead.

Eh, a bit.

Although that is in part because the new codex coincides with me moving to a new apartment.

At least I can still do the DV models... (limited edition xD)

A friend of mine has organised a "Company Challenge" where a bunch of people make armies based on a SM Company... I want to do Deathwing, or Ravenwing, as I have the models to hand

Company Challenge, as in a full company of 100 models + command + vehicles?

If so, I could join in if I wanted/could since I still got an old battle company boxed set laying about.

Archived