Greetings Brothers

Balthus Dire

Greetings,

I've only just returned to the hobby after a long, long layoff with the acquisition of the DV boxed set. I've always been intrigued by the Dark Angels so I've decided to join the ranks of the unforgiven. Since buying the boxed set I've reinforced my army mainly from EBay, and now have a 2000pt strong force I'm slowly painting my way through.

Current army consists of:

HQ

Belial

Librarian

Command squad - champion, banner, apocethary

- Razorback

TROOPS

2 x Deathwing Squads

2 x Tactical Squads

FAST ATTACK

1 x Ravenwing Attack Bike squad - 6 bikes

HEAVY SUPPORT

1 x Land Raider

I'll mainly be playing against a Space Wolf army. I'm hoping to load one DW squad up in the LR and Teleport the second squad with the Chapter Master in. librarian will travel with command squad in Razorback, and the Tactical units will probably have to leg it!

Would love some feedback from you, experienced brothers, as I am yet to play a game of 6th Edition.

I'll try post some pictures as soon as I can, but until then, I hope to speak to all of you soon!

Welcome to the Rock! :P

My advice would be to hide the Razorback behind the Raider.......otherwise you are asking for your opponent to kill it 1st turn and get a VP for First Blood, especially if he is a Wolf and runs missile armed Long Fangs!

Get the bikes forward as far as possible with your scout move and use their teleport homers to allow Belial to come in without scattering. An additional option is to drop the Command squad and add in a 3rd DW squad. They could also DW Assault 1st turn near the bikes. You could give the Razorback to one of the tactical squads, combat squad it, and stick the Libby with one of the combat squads in the RB to support the DW. Give the other combat squad a Lascannon in some fortifications and they'll just sit there and shoot whilst holding an objective. :P

Welcome to by far the best comunity on the B+C. We got some great people here!

From a gaming point of view I honestly can't help you as I rarely play. (hoping to change that)

I will say that there is a good chance of a new codex in January so I would hold out on any decisions untill then.

Please please post your models, everyone here loves looking at peoples work and will give as much support as possible.

Welcome to the Rock brother!

Demio.

welcome!

if you havent already, make one of the DW squads a command squad too with belial's rules to add an apothecary/banner to a terminator squad. put these with belial to help whether the storm when they arrive as they cant charge.

i dont really face wolves these days (in fact, last time i did was probably 3rd edition :S) so cant say from experience what to do.

dont use the bikes as an assault unit unless you can guarentee winning the combat/its a last ditch attempt to win something. they can assault and are better in 6th edition with hammer of wrath but they are a glass hammer and dont have the numbers/attacks to tke on 10 man squads decisively.

against power armour, volume of fire or ap3 weapons are what you want. against terminator armour, volume of fire is best and will be your biggest weakness as well. they/you will fail saves eventually (here's where the apothecay in belials squad helps).

in this edition position your cannon fodder/tanking storm shields at the front, wounds are removed from the models at the front first, it'd be frustraiting if this is your plasma cannon. similarly, be aware of target priorities/firing into cover too as this can be used to single out elements of a squad.

from what i remember/know of wolves - it may be better to avoid assaulting them. think they get a counter charge rule to give them an extra attack. on top of overwatching you this will hurt - almost better to form up gunlines and shoot, overwatch (hopefully staling the charge), drop back, shoot... etc

also - check out the DA army lists for some ideas and tactics

As requested, here's some pics of my troops. First miniatures I've painted in about 20 years! I like my finish quite dark and gritty, so I tend to give less highlights and undercoat everything - even DW - in black. I've seen some of your painted miniatures, and you guys are on another planet as far as how good you are!

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt291/lobostar/image.jpg

5 Tacs (out of the starter paint set LOL) and the Razorback

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt291/lobostar/image-1.jpg

The DW (Work in progress)

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt291/lobostar/image-2.jpg

The LR - with wolf kills

Try not to laugh too much :P

Those are some excellent models! I wish I had half the skill of the people around here!

http://cdn0.hark.com/images/000/495/582/495582/original.jpg

Welcome to The Rock, and am liking the DW and Your LR first time ive seen the chaos black undercoating approach on them models and its paying off.

I love that welcome!

Can we vote to make

the official welcome video? :lol:

http://cdn0.hark.com/images/000/495/582/495582/original.jpg

Welcome to The Rock, and am liking the DW and Your LR first time ive seen the chaos black undercoating approach on them models and its paying off.

ROFL! that's almost as awesome as the paint jobs. Welcome to the Rock, it's good to have another amazing artist on board!

Welcome to the rock Brother.

Your painting level is nothing to be ashamed of in fact it is way better than some of my early stuff :P

and +1 for the video too :P

Thanks guys, what a friendly bunch of brooding, dark unforgiven you all are!

Here's hoping that the new codex is competitive, and filled with wonderful fluff. As a Second Edition vet, I hope at least something is done with Cypher and the fallen. I've read the unforgiven Codex on the forums and I love your suggestions.

Look forward to posting more pics and reports after taking on the Knights of Lup... I mean Sons of Russ.

cheers Guys now how do i go about getting that as our official welcome lol, tbh i was just going to say welcome brother but had a sudden stoke of genius on my day off work and google was my friend ;p , Btw well done that man on getting the clip.

Archived