Termies! Which way is the way to go?

Axira

I've always had a shooty Terminator squad in my list, with a heavy flamer of all things! Backed up by a Librarian in Terminator armour deep striking into the opponents midst, I find they're quite effective multi-taskers, not so good with large units though. The Librarian's upgraded to an Epistolary and has Blood Lance to take out armour and Might of Heroes to gain some extra attacks, this way I can opt to drop them where they're needed most and they will make an impact, if only to divert a fire prism and squad of Banshee's away from my assault marines or other units. I have occasionally run a squad of TH+SS terminators aswell but found they didn't make as much of an impact.

I'll be playing a large game soon and I'm taking 2 full squads of Terminators, 10 tactical with a Chainfist, a heavy flamer and an assault cannon (split into combat squads with one special weapon in each, and 10 assault terminators with 2 lightning claws and 8 TH+SS and I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes!

I haven't actually started building my list yet, but I'm leading towards a deep striking tactical squad with a cyclone missile launcher and a chainfist. Playing Deathwing for the past two years, I've learned that CML can totally ruin an opponent's day, especially if dropped in behind an enemy force with their rear armor exposed. Even at AV 10, storm bolters can glance a few times, taking away hull points.

Forgive me for sounding ignorant and to off-topic this slightly, but I was of the impression that only SW terminators could not use teleportation, but just did a read thru the BA codex and didn't see it mentioned there either. Is it simply not the case or did I miss something?

Can BA TDA use teleportation?

Forgive me for sounding ignorant and to off-topic this slightly, but I was of the impression that only SW terminators could not use teleportation, but just did a read thru the BA codex and didn't see it mentioned there either. Is it simply not the case or did I miss something?

Can BA TDA use teleportation?

Its listed under the description of Terminator Armour (pg 61). Any model in TDA (from C:BA) can Deep Strike, regardless of mission rules.

edit: ninja'd

As far as I know every terminator can teleport to the battlefield, even Chaos terminators and Grey Knight terminators. Make sure your opponent declares what their unit is doing before deployment.

Space Wolves, for a certainty, cannot. They travel "as Russ intended."

Thanks for the page location.

Archived