Ludovic's WIP Log

Dosjetka

ColdWinter, S.k.i.t.t.l.e. & Voodoo Painting: If you are talking about the models in this post, they're not mine but Vadskær's. But I do agree with you, he's very talented :)

Vadskær: Cheers mate and no worries :) I haven't been able to do any painting yet, so it's not as if I really needed you to reply in a rush ;) But as always, thanks a million for your invaluable advice!

You two certainly wouldn't be my first choice for a broker.

Give us an update, Ludo! :P

:)

Update incoming in the next couple of days as I have to do some miniature painting for an art project!

DAT: Cheers mate, much appreciated and I hope that you like what you see! :D

Cheers,

Ludovic

Double post!

Not much of a painting update, but I acquired various things today so I thought I'd add a small update so that know what to expect during the next couple of weeks or so, on top of the usual Dark Vengeance models that need to be painted.

First off, I got two models for myself: Arjac Rockfist, The Anvil of Fenris (Finecast) and Savage Orc Big Boss (plastic).

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6U6Dfgp3mlU/UNDO_i297jI/AAAAAAAAAFc/WlSodl_l1do/s1600/DSCF9406.JPG

I've heard many horror stories about Finecast models so I made sure that I inspected all of the available ones carefully. Turns out that you can never be too careful and while Arjac's main body piece was near-perfect, his arms have holes in them and will need some TLC. That's pretty "Meh" for me, but I must admit that the detail is pretty incredible. He'll be a fun one to paint, that's for sure.

I got the Savage Orc Big Boss because I was curious to see how good the new plastic characters actually were. Turns out (based on this one model) that they're pretty good with some nice detail. However, I'm having some difficulty assembling him which is a bit annoying. Oh, and you won't be seeing any more of him here because my thread would get purged :)

Anyway, I also got my girlfriend's presents today. As she's a Space Wolf player, the choice was pretty obvious.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OHiX3Z9w9Ak/UNDPCQ74rsI/AAAAAAAAAFk/x2pXx-3jhIk/s1600/DSCF9408.JPG

She still hasn't gotten the Codex for her army, so I thought that I'd be helpful and get it for her! I also thought that she might appreciate a cool model, so I got her Njal Stormcaller. He's pretty nifty game-wise too, so I'm sure that it was a good choice.

Last but not least, I got myself some more paints and tools.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-McSTM6tbRK4/UNDPEInrh-I/AAAAAAAAAFs/svhn4YCT8TQ/s1600/DSCF9409.JPG

I now have no excuse for not painting anything during the next two weeks!

So, I've started cleaning up Arjac tonight so he should be finished tomorrow (hopefully). Then I'll undercoat him and then start slapping on some paint. Hopefully he'll be done by the middle of next week, if all goes as planned.

Not sure what the next update will contain, but I'll do my best to update within the next couple of days or so, so stay tuned!

Cheers,

Ludovic

Double post!

Not much of a painting update, but I acquired various things today so I thought I'd add a small update so that know what to expect during the next couple of weeks or so, on top of the usual Dark Vengeance models that need to be painted.

First off, I got two models for myself: Arjac Rockfist, The Anvil of Fenris (Finecast) and Savage Orc Big Boss (plastic).

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6U6Dfgp3mlU/UNDO_i297jI/AAAAAAAAAFc/WlSodl_l1do/s1600/DSCF9406.JPG

I've heard many horror stories about Finecast models so I made sure that I inspected all of the available ones carefully. Turns out that you can never be too careful and while Arjac's main body piece was near-perfect, his arms have holes in them and will need some TLC. That's pretty "Meh" for me, but I must admit that the detail is pretty incredible. He'll be a fun one to paint, that's for sure.

I got the Savage Orc Big Boss because I was curious to see how good the new plastic characters actually were. Turns out (based on this one model) that they're pretty good with some nice detail. However, I'm having some difficulty assembling him which is a bit annoying. Oh, and you won't be seeing any more of him here because my thread would get purged :)

Anyway, I also got my girlfriend's presents today. As she's a Space Wolf player, the choice was pretty obvious.

She still hasn't gotten the Codex for her army, so I thought that I'd be helpful and get it for her! I also thought that she might appreciate a cool model, so I got her Njal Stormcaller. He's pretty nifty game-wise too, so I'm sure that it was a good choice.

Last but not least, I got myself some more paints and tools.

I now have no excuse for not painting anything during the next two weeks!

So, I've started cleaning up Arjac tonight so he should be finished tomorrow (hopefully). Then I'll undercoat him and then start slapping on some paint. Hopefully he'll be done by the middle of next week, if all goes as planned.

Not sure what the next update will contain, but I'll do my best to update within the next couple of days or so, so stay tuned!

Cheers,

Ludovic

Hey Buddy!

Oh Lord, you got a Girl who plays and paints? Sweet! My dear Missus isn't all for it, even though I bought her a box of Grotz :)

Cool couple of figures you got there! Any thoughts on how to paint them (yes, the Wolf-brother and the Orc...we can still talk paint-wise about him)? Base colors, highlights, tones for details and the such?

Are you going for the more gray'ish tones for the Space Wold or are you opting for the one with a blu'ish undertone? I'm asking since I haven't decided for myself how I will paint the OOP box of Wulfen I got through eBay yet...

However, I think the brass/bronze look complements them better than straight out gold, and some spot colors such as yellow or deep, rich red (there was a blog on White Dwarf Daily a couple of days ago where they showcased some Space Wolves with a nice red red spot color, and that looked great!).

I'm pretty left out of the B&C these days as I've been painting a fantasy X-mas gift for a friend and have now started on a Warhammer Chaos Knight just for the fun of it :-)

Cheers,

Vadskær

Looks like some nice models to paint. Hope to see your Orc somewhere, and would like to see your take on the tribal tattoos. Always after more ideas for that as I'd love to add more tattoos to my models, be it they either come from a hive world or are Troll Slayers! Good to see regular updates too!

Hey Buddy!

Oh Lord, you got a Girl who plays and paints? Sweet! My dear Missus isn't all for it, even though I bought her a box of Grotz ;)

Cool couple of figures you got there! Any thoughts on how to paint them (yes, the Wolf-brother and the Orc...we can still talk paint-wise about him)? Base colors, highlights, tones for details and the such?

Are you going for the more gray'ish tones for the Space Wold or are you opting for the one with a blu'ish undertone? I'm asking since I haven't decided for myself how I will paint the OOP box of Wulfen I got through eBay yet...

However, I think the brass/bronze look complements them better than straight out gold, and some spot colors such as yellow or deep, rich red (there was a blog on White Dwarf Daily a couple of days ago where they showcased some Space Wolves with a nice red red spot color, and that looked great!).

I'm pretty left out of the B&C these days as I've been painting a fantasy X-mas gift for a friend and have now started on a Warhammer Chaos Knight just for the fun of it :-)

Cheers,

Vadskær

Hello mate!

Yeah, I'm a lucky young lad! ;)

I'm thinking of going for a blue-grey colour for Arjac (example), so I'll contact the chap who painted the example models and see how he painted the Wolves. I'm not too interested in the exact colours, but more the techniques (if he used a blue wash or if he mixed certain paints together, etc...) he used. Also, like in the example picture, I'll be using weathering powders for the first time and I'll try my hand at battle-damage, so we'll see how that goes! As for the spot colour, I'll be using yellow as I think that looks better with blue-ish armour :) And yes, I'll be using bronze and not gold, as I think that it doesn't looks that good on Space Wolves.

When you mention the Space Wolf army with the great use of red as a spot colour, are you talking about this Space Wolf army? If so, I completely agree :D

For the Savage Orc, I'll be going for a more realistic tone of skin than the one that you can see on the box. I'll probably go from Knarloc Green (Foundation), give it a wash of brown with maybe a slightly reddish tinge and then work my way up through the highlights! I'm pretty worried about the tattoos though, as I've never done something like that before. Ah well, there's always a first time :) I'll do some research to find some tribal tattoo pictures and maybe test them out on a test model.

Looks like some nice models to paint. Hope to see your Orc somewhere, and would like to see your take on the tribal tattoos. Always after more ideas for that as I'd love to add more tattoos to my models, be it they either come from a hive world or are Troll Slayers! Good to see regular updates too!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to painting them! I'll definitely post my Orc up somewhere, just not sure where exactly. I'll shoot you a PM with a link when I get round to slapping some paint on him ;) About the regular updates: I'm forcing myself to do them so that I get into a proper routine. It's also very motivational painting-wise :D

Both very cool models.

Where will you show of that orc ? Warseer ?

Cheers batu! I'm not that fond of Warseer and I was already thinking of having a proper WIP log on the Ammobunker which is, in my mind, a fantastic forum with some great people around :)

I'll try and get an update up tomorrow morning with some WIP pictures of Arjac, so stay tuned!

Cheers,

Ludovic

Hello all!

Sadly, no picture update today, but just ashort message to announce a couple of things.

Firstly, I've got some painting done so there will be a update for you people! However, it will be on my blog and not here on the B&C, which leads me to my second point: I'm going to be on holiday these next two weeks and so there'll be time for more painting! I've got quite a few models on my desk that need starting/finishing so I'll try and get as much as I can done! :) However, I will have very limited access to quite a number of sites for various reasons, so I would like to encourage you to check out my blog to keep up with my painting progress. There won't only be power armour related stuff, which is why I'll only update my blog until I get back to high school in two week's time (when I'll have full access to all of my usual sites). I'll do my best to update it regularly (every 3-4 days or so). Feel free to comment on any content that you find interesting/funny/cool! ;)

All the best to you all and merry Christmas! :(

Cheers,

Ludovic

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

First off, I wish y'all a happy New Year! All the best to you and your families ^_^

Now, on to some hobby content :lol:

I haven't been doing much painting recently, but I got a bit of conversion work done on my Helbrute. It's still a WIP, but I'm getting there.

gallery_45765_8000_103136.jpg

gallery_45765_8000_86149.jpg

I really didn't like the various semi-organic tubes and the chains, so I cut those off. I replaced them with cut-up melta bombs on the multi-melta and on the side of the carapace.

I also found this treasure! You just cannot compare the new Averland Sunset Base paint to this excellent paint. These will be kept aside for a future project that I have in mind... ;)

gallery_45765_8000_22754.jpg

Last but not least, I got myself some of these...

gallery_45765_8000_147598.jpg

gallery_45765_8000_153751.jpg

gallery_45765_8000_94459.jpg

Really lovely John Blanche artwork on the back of each card. There's the general 40k psychic power deck and the Chaos Space Marine psychic power deck. I hope that they'll prove useful! ;)

Anyway, I'll be doing more assembling/converting until the end of the week and there should be a painting update some time next week, so if that's what you're after, make sure that you check back at that time :)

Until next time!

Ludovic

Cool idea with the melter bombs. What legion colors are you planning to use on him ?

Yeah, I love the old foundation range. I had no chance yet to compare them with the new base colors. But I have heard that they are not as good as the foundation stuff.

Imperial Fist ?

Those card indeed look beautiful !

Cool idea with the melter bombs. What legion colors are you planning to use on him ?

Yeah, I love the old foundation range. I had no chance yet to compare them with the new base colors. But I have heard that they are not as good as the foundation stuff.

Imperial Fist ?

Those card indeed look beautiful !

Thanks, I'm glad that you like the idea ^_^ That's the big question, I don't know. Do you have any ideas?

Yes, the old Foundation range was great, it's a real shame that they've replaced it. Some of the new Base paints are great, but Averland Sunset isn't part of those... -_-

Maybe... ;)

Ludovic

That's the big question, I don't know. Do you have any ideas?

Okay you asked for it -_-

- Not Emperors Children, the model is not "beautiful" enough. Not Death Guard, the model is too "beautiful" for Nurgle.

- Not Alpha Legion, too chaos that thing. But that is debatable. Alpha Legion could be and have everything and nothing ^_^ Not Night lords for the same reason as Aplha Legion.

- Not Thousand sons, they have no flesh.

-Not World Eaters, it is not enough khorny.

- Iron Warrios would be a good choice. They do love to melt demons and machines together. It would also fit well in a Word Bearers army or Black legion army because the love that whole chaos mutated stuff.

Having said that, you could make it fit in every army with some conversion work.

Now, this was just the modeling and fluff side of it. You also have to consider which paint scheme you prefer.

I hope I could give you some food for thought ;)

Hum... I'll give it a good think, but thanks for your advice. I appreciate it :tu:

Anyway, quick WIP update on my Chaos Space Marines: a Slaaneshi Chosen/Aspiring Champion.

gallery_45765_8000_104820.jpg

gallery_45765_8000_143483.jpg

I had a WHFB Dark Elf sword, so I thought I'd use it. The head is a Blood Angels Veteran head that lestat traded with me. I'm glad that I found a use for it :) I hope you like them!

Cheers,

Ludovic

Hi Ludovic,

great work so far. Your DA green looks great, way better than my own attempts. I happen to fail each time I try...

Also, I really like the latest conversion. Especially because he has hair, which is incredibly rare afaik. Two thumbs up!

NOW PAINT 'EM!

Cheers Rogan, I'm glad you like 'em :tu: Painting will be done some time next week or the week after that. How are your Chaos Space Marines coming along? What about your Ultramarines?

Ludovic

Archived