Modelling Grenades

captain sox

Helloooo!

Just a quick question about the little grenade bits you get in some boxes. Do you put them on your models? I'm in the process of rebuilding my army, and never thought to put them on before. Do you put them on every marine, or just on a few, or on none at all?

Is it a matter of taste? What about the pouches and pistol holsters?

Thanks, your input will help me moving forward.

Matter of taste.

Once upon a time persons of a WYSIWYG nature would say "You cant have bolt pistols and bolters because you dont have them modeled.." The answer to that was to thump them with the BBB (the blue one) and say "They are painted green, They have grenades/pistols whether modeled or not."

The 4th ed book specifically said that GRENADES did not need to be WYSIWYG and that got stretched to any STANDARD equipment troopers may carry.

I personally don't put any of them on. IIRC if it is basic gear, as in they get it automatically and don't have to pay points for it, you don't have to model it. It's mainly an aesthetic thing I think.

I have grenades and holsters on all Power Armored marines, trying to be WYSYWIG even if it's not strictly necessary.

In fact, it annoys me that I don't have both types of grenades on each and every marine.... one of these days I'm gonna go back and fix that...

(I really wish the Grey Knights bit, the one with a frag and krak grenade side-by-side, was standard issue and came 10 in a box of tacticals)

I would use them on every model if I had enough. However I don't, so I try not to worry that most of my power armoured marines aren't carrying grenades, pistols or spare ammo. At least the Deathwing don't have that problem. A power fist means never needing to reload. ^_^

I'm like EPk and Cactus, I put them around for flavor, but I don't have enough for every model to have them. Some have censors from the DA upgrade sprue, some have pistol pouches and grenades, and roughly 25% of them have no bling

If you wanted every one of them to have 'nades, then you could ebay some of the imp guard sprues that have them as well as any from tac squads

My PA dudes don't forget their equipment and should have Bolter, BP AND CCW/Knife on their profile, same as SW and the bad guys!!!

I've run out; too many Spesh Marheens, not enough gubbinz.

Please donate all spare pouches and 'nades to my charity. :)

:D

stobz

Not from the Rock here but I thought I'd chime in.

I try to put at least one pouch or grenade or holster on every model and in the case of models that I want to look particularly tough/geared up/ready for a mission behind enemy lines (say, scouts or sternguard) I'll load them down/bulk them up with lots.

I have all standard equipment on my marines, so I put grenades and pistols (and ammo pouches) on every marine that should have them (which is almost all of them). Seeing as I bought most of my basic marines between 3E and 4E, when the kits didn't come with enough of everything for every model in the kit, that has necessitated getting hold of extra grenades and pistols (especially pistols). The marine being fully kitted out really make them look good (i.e. ready to take names and kick arse! ;)).

Some do, some don't.

I try to put them on Sgts and pistols on HW guys just for the look.

I have a bits box from hell at the moment that I am slowly getting round to spreading across my little plastic battle brothers.

That is when I have the time inbetween the vows ;)

Please donate all spare pouches and 'nades to my charity. :P

Wanna post or Pm an address with that? I have a ton of those from an ebay auction. Some have the ruinous marks on them and might need consecrating if you know what I mean.

But generally I have a ton of them.

EDIT: Dont expect them to arrive soon though, Greek post office and all hahaha.

I have grenades and holsters on all Power Armored marines, trying to be WYSYWIG even if it's not strictly necessary.

I'm a bit bothered by the fact that the holstered pistol you get with the tacticals is the wrong shape to contain a bolt pistol. It's like they have a Colt.

I'm a bit bothered by the fact that the holstered pistol you get with the tacticals is the wrong shape to contain a bolt pistol. It's like they have a Colt.

More so than a plasma one.

Ahahaha! ^_^ It appears we are of like minds. I've contemplated trying to greenstuff a holster around bolt pistols...

i use all of the bits randomly across models, i find that they add character when a few have grenades/pistols/scrolls on them. makes each man look less rank and file.

Archived