Painting the realm of battle board

Shaggy12009

My wife and I decided we would give each other a realm of battle board for Christmas and already my creative juices are flowing. I know it's silly to try to paint the whole thing with those little jars of paint but I can't exactly go to Home Depot since I'm pretty sure they only have latex house paint that would ruin all the detail. I've thought of going to hobby lobby or michael's and getting apple barrel paints but I'm afraid ill need a ton of them too. I'm sure there are a few people who have one too, so I ask you... What paints do you use to get a good result on such a large project?

My wife and I decided we would give each other a realm of battle board for Christmas and already my creative juices are flowing. I know it's silly to try to paint the whole thing with those little jars of paint but I can't exactly go to Home Depot since I'm pretty sure they only have latex house paint that would ruin all the detail. I've thought of going to hobby lobby or michael's and getting apple barrel paints but I'm afraid ill need a ton of them too. I'm sure there are a few people who have one too, so I ask you... What paints do you use to get a good result on such a large project?

Craft stores carry those acryilic craft paints in larger sizes, which turnout cheaper by volume than a bunch of the smaller ones. You can get most of the brands of craft paints in sizes that will be more than enough to cover your board. I painted an entire 6x4 board with one and a quarter of the small bottles of craft paint.

Archived