Apocalypse

Judaz

I'm taking my boys to an Apocalypse game in early february and I'm thinking of adding some punch to my army. The question is, what?

I have the following:

Mephiston

Astorath

Dante

2 Libbys

3 Furiosos

3 sang priests

10 DC without JP

20 Tacticals

20 RAS

1 DC Dread

3 Drop pods

2 Razorback/Rhinos

Stormraven

Vindicator

3 Dreads

2 Landspeeders

5 VAS

I was thinking about bringing some more DC, with JPs

Or should I invest in a superheavy? More vindicators?

What to do?

A couple of thoughts:

- If you have access to a Techmarine, he and three dreadnoughts can form an "Ancients Assault Force" formation (IA Apocalypse, Pg.33).

- If you can come up with 2 Deathstorm Droppods, they and three dreadnoughts in droppods can form an "Iron Cyclone" formation (IA Apocalypse 2, Pg.35).

- If you can come up with 2 more Vindicators, they can form a Line Breaker squadron (Apocalypse rulebook, Pg.117).

- 2 Tactical Squads and 1 Devastator or Assault squad in Droppods can form a Skyhammer Orbital Strike Element formation (Apocalypse Reload, Pg.17).

- If you have access to 3 Whirlwinds, they and a Landspeeder can form a Suppression Force formation (Apocalypse rulebook, Pg.116).

- Apocalypse allows Furioso Dreads to take Lucius Droppods, the key benefit of that being that they can assault on the turn the disembark.

I'm not sure what "5 VAS" are, so I don't have any insight there. That said, you can never go far wrong with Super-heavies... :D

I'm not sure what "5 VAS" are, so I don't have any insight there. That said, you can never go far wrong with Super-heavies... ;)

'VAS', or 'Veteran Assault Squad', was one of the Blood Angels' distincting units once they appeared in Codex:Angels of Death. Now, we have the codex equivalent, as Res already said, Vanguard Veterans. Ah, those were the times... :unsure:

Snorri

Haven't GW released any BA formations in WD?

Lot's

There's the lucious assault force that overcharges all land raiders in it. There was a white dwarf with three BA ones including a DC powerforce, and some other great stuff.

The Ancients Assault force is a great buy, if you want to play with dreadnoughts.

Else: More Death Company.

The Death Company some points + models

Formation:

Astorath

1+ Chaplains

0-1 Death Company Tycho

3+ Death Copany squads (1 squad must include Lemartes)

2-4 Death Company Dreadnoughts

Every Death company model gets the Blood Talons rule.

Strike Force

From White Dwarf 373

A superheavy and Dante's formation!

http://apocalypse40k.blogspot.se/2011/02/b...formations.html

I am so looking forward to trying that :rolleyes:

Get approval from your game group. As it's not a GW published datasheet, some might get a little bent-out-of-shape if you spring it on them.

Some guy in our group has almost every white dwarf including the one where they describe this force, so that should be ok ^^ it's kinda weird though that they aren't published elsewhere thats true, or has anyone an idea how to get it?

A superheavy and Dante's formation!

http://apocalypse40k.blogspot.se/2011/02/b...formations.html

I am so looking forward to trying that ;)

Get approval from your game group. As it's not a GW published datasheet, some might get a little bent-out-of-shape if you spring it on them.

It is a GW published on. I have the WD its in.

Archived