need help from regulars

greatcrusade08

hi all

i intend to paint up some 1ksons for a friend,ill be grabbing an upgrade pack and using some old CSMs ive got hanging about.

having never painted them before, does anyone have a good recipe for decent blues and NMM golds?

i consider myself a pretty good painter and want to make these look great.

is there a base type which makes them stand out more, i generally use snow for all my stuff but these arent for me.

also does anyone know if GW does a termy conversion kit for heads shoulder pads and tabards etc?

For non-metallic metal gold I think the standard wss to go from the old snakebite leather via various yellows all the way to white.

As for blue, it all depends on how light you want it to become.

Then, depending on how you paint the rest of it (how light or dark, what detail colors), you can start thinking about a base. Various armies and color schemes benefit from various differences. My initial thought would be to go desert, but that would probably make the nmm gold disappear a bit. So you could go with snow (as I partially did), some foresty or plains, or cityscape. And of course completely contrasting schemes, like a reddish mars underground

snow would be good for me as its my standard base for all my armies.

im thinking a darker blue would be good, i was wondering if a midnight blue base layering down with regal and a sharp highlight of ultramarine (old palette colours).

i dont think i have any snakebite leather, is there a newer way of doing NMM gold?

thanks for the help, much appreciated, im hoping to surprise my friend with a unit or two

Archived