Dates in my calendar?

Dark_Master

Hello all,

As I haven't bought a White Dwarf in ages, I was wondering what sort of dates I should be waiting for to be excited/ get depressed?

I.e. what sort of dates this month or January would an official announcement on DA be made -_- or not :(

Regards

DM

A back page image of DA 'Coming Soon' would get me excited... as would pre-order details. I'm hoping for the former in Jan's WD (out towards end of Dec I think), thus pointing to a Jan release.

Yeah, and just think. Only 11 issues of White Dwarf in 2012. So much for a monthly magazine, eh?

From my perspective, it being the Holidays and such, I bet we don't hear anything at all until maybe January 3rd.

Mini rant here: Which means the Year of 40K was... what, exactly? One codex and one new edition? Some White Dwarf updates? A bunch of stuff converted over to Finecast? New models that we have waited literally years for? Yeah, I'm disappointed in GW for 2012.

Mini rant here: Which means the Year of 40K was... what, exactly? One codex and one new edition? Some White Dwarf updates? A bunch of stuff converted over to Finecast? New models that we have waited literally years for? Yeah, I'm disappointed in GW for 2012.

Thing is, this is exactly what they did with WFB 8th Ed, and then the year after released 3 Army books. A lot of the talk pre-6th Ed 40K was that GW would be following a similar pattern for each edition release.

Dammit all. Now we have to wait an additional week for something I may still not buy. Jeesh.

:lol: :P

Oh, he's totally gonna be all, like,

"You expect me -NOM! NOM! NOM!- to just -NOM! NOM! NOM!- eat up this -NOM! NOM! NOM!- crappy stuff you are -NOM! NOM! NOM!- putting -NOM! NOM! NOM!- out?! You -NOM! NOM! NOM!- must be -NOM! NOM! NOM!- crazy!" :tu:

I hear you. GW did the same thing with the big "Year of WFB!" thing too. Instead of striking up the band and really rocking out, they just let loose one or two balloons that wizzed around in the air giving off that long, drawn out farty sound...which suddenly ended. When the hype engine gets more web/magazine play than the actual releases, you know you have been let down big time. 2E and 3E were properly supported 40k game edition releases. Every single edition since then has been released with a wimper.

Too true, Shab. Too true. Honestly the only real cool stuff has been from FW. Sadly most people don't consider FW official even when in most of the books from them it's literally stated that the stuff with the 40k stamp is to be considered official for games....

I really think there should have been another codex and minis for that codex before the end of the year. Sadly the reason I think that didn't happen is because of The Hobbit coming out this week. If that movie was coming out next year I bet we would have seen the next codex for this month.

However I think I may have still felt a little let down still even if we had that above scenario happen but not as much as I am with the current scenario. But that is because they did kinda make it seem like it would be more epic.

Maybe they were meaning it would be epic for them money wise as everything costs so much and we still nom nom nom it up :D

Dammit all. Now we have to wait an additional week for something I may still not buy. Jeesh.

:P :P

Oh, he's totally gonna be all, like,

"You expect me -NOM! NOM! NOM!- to just -NOM! NOM! NOM!- eat up this -NOM! NOM! NOM!- crappy stuff you are -NOM! NOM! NOM!- putting -NOM! NOM! NOM!- out?! You -NOM! NOM! NOM!- must be -NOM! NOM! NOM!- crazy!" :lol:

Nah, I've gotten pretty disenchanted with the "new direction" of White Dwarf from the last couple of issues. I had been a pretty faithful WD subscriber for a long time, but declined to renew and now I haven't gotten the last two (only got the "new" version with the Chaos Marines one). Why bother when most of the stuff you can see on the main site are the only things in there (and the main site sometimes has sprue photos, etc) and the great majority of the "hobby" articles are anything but...

Now, as far as buying new DA models... those will definitely be "nom'd"! ;)

Archived