CC needed for CC

Galnarok

As the title says i need new ideas to make a CC only orientated army. I am gonna only use a Stormraven for sure, for anti-flier defense, rest are gonna be CC units. I am thinking of Mephiston for sure, 2x RAS + Priest, DC but still unsure how(Pod, Rhino, LR??) -and some dreads?- as the core of my list. Points limit is at 1750.

With that core i have like 500+ points to spend to make it tough and killy. What would you suggest? I am not set on the core, so if you have anything else in mind, please share. I am open to anything.

Well, I dont know why you'd want to, but...

Mephy - 250

Furioso Libby - 175

2x Priest (2x JP, 2x PW) - 180

10x RAS (PF, 2x MG) - 235

10x RAS (2x flamer) - 200

10x RAS (PW, MB, 2x flamer) - 220

10x DC (2x PF, bolters) - 250

Raven (AC/MM/HB) - 230

DC/Dread in the raven, the rest start on and kill stuff. Its not amazing but just threw it together... I would honestly go for a more balanced approach rather than all CC if I were you

While not very popular the sanguinor adds a lot to a full assault army. The +1 attack bonus is real useful as is his buff to a random sergeant. Now with chaos running around poking their chests out throwing down challanges like they own the place it can help out there too.

Vanguard vets have improved a lot in my eyes this edition too. Just keeping them cheap and either locking something up or even taking it out is a real possibility.

Both of these units add to a heavy assault unit.

Archived