DV Terminator Conversions

Gul Tekar

Hello brothers

I just got a really good deal from a friend on a set of 30 DV terminators (I guess he really likes cultists and wasn't willing to look for them on eBay), and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.

I'd like to see (or have described) any conversions anyone has made to the DV terminators, with special interest paid to TH/SS conversions (if they're at all doable). I'm interested in any ideas floating 'round the web, regardless of levels of practicality or in(s)anity.

I suppose I should note that I already have about 20 DW terminators with magnetized arms, so I'm not too worried about making these new ones versatile.

Thanks in advance,

The emperor protects.

Here's a Dual LC conversion I did with one of the 'twins'

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/facmanpob/Miniatures/works%20in%20progress/DV_DW_kitbash_zpscee3dd04.jpg

Painted picture is available on page 5 of my GotC thread. :tu:

Oh good gawd. Any body want to place bets as to how long will it be before somebody sees this pic and posts a "GW is making the DV Deathwing Terminators in METAL!!!" :tu:

I look forward to seeing more "conversions" though.

Oh good gawd. Any body want to place bets as to how long will it be before somebody sees this pic and posts a "GW is making the DV Deathwing Terminators in METAL!!!" :D

:lol: with that paint job it does look remarkably like a metal GW mini.

Oh good gawd. Any body want to place bets as to how long will it be before somebody sees this pic and posts a "GW is making the DV Deathwing Terminators in METAL!!!" :D

:lol: with that paint job it does look remarkably like a metal GW mini.

Just for the sake of completeness - here is the painted version. The unpainted version is primed with Army Painter Plate Mail spray....does a good job of making it look like an old metal model :)

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/facmanpob/Miniatures/Space%20Marines/1st%20Company/LCTDA.jpg

I'm trying to find the time to do some conversions with some of the DV Terminators. Right now I switched the Assault Cannon Terminator's AC arm with a Standard Bearer Arm from the Grey Knight Terminator spure. Then I cut off the hand from a Command Squad Standard Bearer and pinned that into the GK Terminator Standard Bearer Arm. It looks decent.

I think I'm going to leave him with a Power Fist and then just try to pin in a GK Thunder Hammer (with all the Inquisition symbols filed off) and put a Storm Shield on the same arm. Fluff wise I'll say that in order to hold the banner and use the Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield in combat he requires the Power Fist, while in game terms he'll just be a Standard Bearer with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield.

I also want to make an Apothecary out of the Chainfist DV Terminator. Cut off the chainfist, cut off the Apothecary bit from the GK Terminator Sprue, glue said Apothecary bit to where the chainfist was and viola, Apothecary. Though it might be easier to just use the Apothecary arm and cut off the chainfist arm entirely. Now to make him a Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield dude I would leave the power fist like on the Banner Bearer Terminator then pin in another GK Thunder Hammer. Then cut off the Storm Bolter and put in a Storm Shield.

I think the Sergeant would be easiest to convert to a TH/SS model. Just careful cuts on the sword and Storm Bolter. And with the twins I need to think about. Though I don't think I'll be able to do all of them for my vow I'm going to try and do at least the Standard Bearer and the Apothecary.

Oh and the reason I like using the GK Thunder Hammers, they are bigger than the regular Terminator's Thunder Hammers. So in my eyes they just look better.

Thanks a lot, that TLC Termy looks very different (and I suppose I can handle a few TLCs in my force). I also like the idea for the apothecary, though I'm not sure whether I'll be using one anymore with reduced FNP.

I was also wondering about the AC guy. I'm not a huge fan of his pose in the first place, and if I have multiple iterations I'll really want to change him. Does anyone know how hard it would likely be to make him more dynamic?

Thanks again for the ideas you've had, I hope there's more out there (instead of twins, I'm going to have dodekatuplets (Not sure how to phrase that), so I'll need them)!

Archived