Ramming Flyers and an Outflank Question

henrythesecond

Hi guys.

Can a flyer with the Scout USR still Outflank, even though the Scout move has been FAQ'd out?

Cheers.

I guess you're talking about the IG Valkyrie/Vendetta.

After reading the latest FAQ, some IG players take it as meaning that you can't make a Scout move (of course) but you can still use it to Outflank (and get those nice rear-armour shots with the Vendetta's lascannons) as the FAQ doesn't say to remove the Scout rule.

Others say the FAQ effectively removes the rule.

I'd say check with your opponent beforehand before trying it (and wait for a clearer FAQ).

Can a Caestus Assault Ram be used to ram flyers?

Im going to say "No". The Caestus rules allow it to ram even though it is a flyer. But other flyers are still immune to being rammed, and the Caestus rule does not override that. So a Caestus can ram a rhino, but not a stormraven (unless it was hovering).

Can a flyer with the Scout USR still Outflank, even though the Scout move has been FAQ'd out?

I would say "yes". Flyers can't make a scout move because they do not start on table. However if they still have the scout rule they could still outflank.

Can a Caestus Assault Ram be used to ram flyers?

Im going to say "No". The Caestus rules allow it to ram even though it is a flyer. But other flyers are still immune to being rammed, and the Caestus rule does not override that. So a Caestus can ram a rhino, but not a stormraven (unless it was hovering).

I would say "yes". Flyers can't make a scout move because they do not start on table. However if they still have the scout rule they could still outflank.

Cheers Pyro, they're the conclusions I've come to. Bit of a shame for my Assault Ram as the TL Magna Melta is a Large Blast weapon, therefore can't hit Flyers either. I don't take an Assault Ram specifically for anti-flyer duties, but it would've increased its utility if it COULD threaten them.

Cheers.

Archived