None more Black WIP

Oojamaflip

Stone the crows, are there flying pigs? I'm starting a new force instead of painting random models as they take my fancy!

That's right. I fancied painting up Black Legionnaire not so long ago, and I enjoyed it so much that I wanna do a whole army of them. And just to be different, it's a Slaanesh themed army too. So I need to make them obviously Black Legion and also obviously Slaaneshy.

Here's a quick test model before I start slapping it on my first squad...

gallery_61317_7962_193178.jpg

This obviously isn't the whole colour scheme. This is just testing how I'd paint the Black and silver trim. It's a spray of Abaddon Black (how appropriate), then a zenith highlight spray of Warpfiend Grey, then a line highlight of Slaanesh Grey. I thought these two grey would be perfect to highlight the black as they are shades of grey with a touch of purple in them. The silver trim is Chainmail, washed with Druchii Violet and then washed with Nuln Oil. This way, you have two established BL colours, with a slight, Slaaneshy twist. That's right...PURPLE!

What does everyone think? I always welcome all C&C, good or bad and you can be brutal with me. If I've a SLaanesh force on the way, I need to get used to pain...

One last thing, here's some blurry, slightly out of focus sneeky peeks at my Lord and Chosen. VERY WIP!

gallery_61317_7962_815043.jpg

gallery_61317_7962_227947.jpg

Quick update, I thought it'd be better to put a decent picture of my lord up.

gallery_61317_7962_331603.jpg

I realised that I hadn't seen a conversion using the Dark Vengeance stuff in this way yet, and that a CSM torso front would fit pretty easily onto him, just a couple of cuts here and there to ensure a decent fit.

With regards to the colour scheme, I think I need to sort out a midtone for the highlights...I was warned about this a while back, and I heeded not their wisdom. I am a fool!

Archived