Angrypants really slow Space Marine thread

Angrypantz

I want to show off the work I've done on my latest army with the hope that people will badger me to get on with building and painting more marines. I started a Word Bearers army at the start of summer for the Tale of 20 gamers but had to pull out due to real life issues. Those models are being pulled into this new army and will start to form the core of my Red Corsairs.

For those who commented on my post in the Chaos Ascendant section, have no fear I do fully intend to build and paint a warband of Sanctified with hopes of building other allies to follow the Tyrant in his crusade against the Imperium.

Without further ado some pictures

gallery_54596_7963_1805856.jpg

Here is a picture of a sorcerer and the first legionnaire to join the growing army.

gallery_54596_7963_585021.jpg

gallery_54596_7963_735900.jpg

Legionnaire One - Inspiration for him comes from nurgling6688 gahal with noticeable differences.

gallery_54596_7963_522993.jpg

gallery_54596_7963_1434994.jpg

Legionnaire Two - I wanted to try converting a MKVIII shoulder pad that looked chaos in origins. I just need to do a little greenstuff work and he will be finished

gallery_54596_7963_1331986.jpg

gallery_54596_7963_880857.jpg

gallery_54596_7963_1586722.jpg

Legionnaire Three - Originally one of the models created for my Word Bearers, I tried to make him more renegade without going down the too spiky avenue.

The plan with the rest of the army is to make it look renegade Chaos instead of pointy horns Chaos.

CnC greatly Appreciated

Angrypants

Update Time

Been the most productive this week then I have in years. Completed another three legionnaires.

gallery_54596_7963_606200.jpg

gallery_54596_7963_1241418.jpg

gallery_54596_7963_1494990.jpg

First up is the champion. I'm getting a lot of good use out of the Space Wolves parts. I think they add just enough of a chaos feel without going over the top. I pulled the arm off my sorcerer as I felt that this guy needed to have a directing arm.

gallery_54596_7963_804694.jpg

gallery_54596_7963_1431751.jpg

gallery_54596_7963_951304.jpg

gallery_54596_7963_904474.jpg

gallery_54596_7963_1364853.jpg

My latest couple of legionnaires. I aim to have the first squad fully assembled by the end of the weekend after which I will spray and paint them.

Quick update.

I have finished building my first squad and should have it ready for spraying tomorrow. Paint in Progress should begin on Thursday if all goes to plan and will upload pictures of the finished squad before spraying tomorrow night.

• 1 year later...

gallery_54596_9024_337711.jpg

gallery_54596_9024_53277.jpg

gallery_54596_9024_654286.jpg

gallery_54596_9024_863992.jpg

A little update to show that I am still working on Space Marines but real life has taken a huge chunk of my time and I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do with my marine armies at the moment. The above pictures are of my Space Sharks which I worked on a couple of months ago, I think unsure.png

I've also renamed the thread since I want it to be one place to post about my various marine armies as I take a long time to get things done at the moment.

C&C are welcome

Paint will come a lot later lol

Angrypants

Some good looking Marines.

Quoted for truth, those are some dang fine looking marines.  You are getting some great mileage out of the space wolf kits it seems, unfortunate that the bone halo from Canis Wolfborn is all one piece though :/

This is probably an oddball question, but could I pester you for the dimensions of the wreathed banner topper?  I need to remove one from a sons of horus banner I have, and the 2 might be interchangeable (but want to know for a fact I can make it work before searching for one on the net and making the investment obviously)

I'm looking forward to that as well. Monday has been pencilled in as a hobby day and if I get some more models assembled I may allow myself the luxery of painting some models.

• 1 month later...

@ The_Chaplain.  I'm really sorry that I haven't got back to you sooner but I just haven't had the time to get my stuff out until tonight.  I will measure later if you still need me to.  

Now to the crunch.  My Corsairs are going to be on a hiatus for the foreseeable future due to a change in my circumstances and I really want to do my vision for them justice so I will get that squad painted at some point, I promise, but for now I'm just going to focus on things that are easier to complete like Space Wolves that I have oodles of scattered around the place and getting a "Codex" chapter put together.  I was thinking of making my own chapter but some sneaky git (looking at you NoLat) has inspired me to paint them in Iron Warrior colours.  Two reasons for this, one I love Iron Warriors; and two, I want them to represent my own revised vision of the Dornian Heresy.  At a later point I will be painting the Chaos Space Marines in Dark Vengence yellow but lets see how well I go with this for now.  

Tonight I have assembled the first limited edition Captain with power fist and storm bolter.  He will be equipped with The Primarch's Wrath, power fist and The Armour Indomitus.  

If you make it this far, I want to pick your collective intellect.  To fit the core ideas of the Iron Warriors, what would be the best way of equipping tactical marines? I was planning to run a plasma gun and a power fist on the Sgt.  I see these guys as the ones that push the breach whilst things like terminators would hold it for the rest of the forces finish the enemy off.  

• 5 months later...

Archived