Ravenwing Bikers

Voodoo Painting

So I have decided to give the Dark Angels a go, firstly starting with the Ravenwing. I have painted up a couple of Space Marines just to get my colours set for painting the Dark Angels and I am happy with the green I have settled with...

gallery_70008_7946_1988754.jpg

As for the Ravenwing, the Dark vengeance models are a great starting point I think, however I don't like how the sergeant is tilting one way and the the 2 bikers the other way. To combat this I have straightened up the pose of the sergeant so he looks like he isn't riding away from the rest of his unit. Firstly I made a pile of rubble using cork and gave it a sloped appearance so it would be easy to ride up. I then drilled through the cork and base using a pin vice and then glued in place a snipped down paper clip, leaving enough to mount the bike too...

gallery_70008_7946_1042908.jpg

I then lined up where i wanted the bike to go and drilled the hole through the front wheel (I have removed the mounting pegs that are part of the bike from both the front and rear wheel and smoothed them flat)...

gallery_70008_7946_797318.jpg

The bike now sits more "straightened up" than before...

gallery_70008_7946_81512.jpg

As for the other 2 bikes I will work on there bases afterwards to tie in with the sergeants rubble base. I then removed all the mold lines ready for priming. I had to use a box and spray inside due to the freezing temperature outside. The primer I use is 'Plasti-kote Primer Super' its brilliant its dries with an almost matt black appearance and it dries within 10 mins (brilliant for speed painting)...

gallery_70008_7946_835021.jpg

Now to assemble the bikes ready for painting so more updates to follow later.

Voodoo

Archived