Blood talons and psychotroke grenades!

stormsson

Grey knight FAQ: can psychotrokes affect vehicles? Answer=no

So, orks get affected, vehicles don't.

6d6, needing a 2+ with a reroll on every 1 you roll can, potentially, go on forever really.

It can also cause 0 wounds.

Using Bloods as a further example, would you then state you cannot utilise Corbulo's re roll on allies of convenience?

For instance, use it to re roll an armour save on your grey knight inquisitor? Or can that not be done?

Also, don't have rule book with me, but isn't it each enemy unit assaulting or assaulted by the unit equipped with the trokes? If not, I think I will hide an inquisitor at the back with them and every assault roll the effects.

In the question the dread is not assaulting the inquisitor, or vice versa. Thus the grenades should have no effect on it.

Fair point on the grenades not affecting vehicles but the rest of your points have already been answered earlier in the thread.

It's not really a question of using your allies' wargear, it's the fact that the wargear (or psychic power, or weaponry, or special rules) can also effect your allies as they are enemy units. Going back to the specific example of psychotrokes they effect "each enemy unit being assaulted or assaulting". There is no requirement for the grenade user to be the one who is assaulting or being assaulted. If your inquisitor is assaulting one or more units and your allied dreadnought also joins in the combat then the dreadnought is an "enemy unit being assaulted or assaulting" and will also be effected by the grenades.

This does not however mean that your allies could not make use of an ability that effects an enemy unit such as Enfeeble as that is targeted against a specific unit rather than effecting every enemy unit in a combat. You would not want your allies to be in combat with the same unit as your Purifiers though because Cleansing Flame would effect them too.

You are only quoting half of the sentence. "when a unit equipped with psychotroke grenades launches an assault, or is assaulted, roll a D6 for each enemy unit being assaulted or assaulting..."

That is of course completely different to only "each enemy unit being assaulted or assaulting", because it makes clear that a unit suffers the effects only if they attack the model(s) equipped with the grenades. The dreadnought as a vehicle wouldn't be effected anyway, but there is no way that BA Marines joining the fight would be effected as well, as they attack the orks and not the inquisitor.

WOW, just working on the basis that for every 6 dice rolled you should roll a 1, then for every 6 1's you roll you should get anther one (so 36 rolls in total) , times that by the amount of attacks. the dread gets on the charge (6) you should get 215kills!! thats immense considering the combo only costs 165 points!!

i agree that in practice a blood taloned dread can usually deal with most 10 man squads and if you want to ensure it then presience is a good bet to cast on it. Im just suprised at how much such a cheap combo could potentially destroy.

I've scanned the rules and cant see anyway of stopping it, its those psychotroke, they are just too overpowered, imo up there with mind shackle scarabs.

Archived