Magna grapple!

knife&fork

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

My grapple can reach, when claws or fists can't fight

For the extra shot that will smash face.

I love thee to the level of every day's

Most quiet need, by solar pulse and searchlight.

I love thee freely, as guardsmen suffer from fright.

I love thee purely, as the chaplains praise.

I love thee with the passion put to the Emperors work

Fueled by my grudges, and with my scout's faith.

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose

With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,

Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if Emperor choose,

I shall but love thee better after death.

http://i.imgur.com/4fDDn.jpg?1

So now that we're done butchering the classics, question time:

Do you grapple? (if no, why the :D not?)

Can you make a flier hit stuff if you move it with a grapple?

Can you drag buildings?

What happens when you drag a vehicle into an emplaced weapon? Autokill since it can't move?

Hahaha nice post K&F.

I DO grapple and i have to say its awesome every time. Mostly i use it on Fragiosos but have used it on DC dreads a couple of times too.

I dont think you can drag buildings, as it says "when firing at a vehicle bla bla bla, allowing the Dread to drag its prey closer".

Upon looking through the FAQ and BRB I can find nothing that says you can not grab a flyer to pull it closer. It is a shooting attack that you would roll (snap shot) to hit in order to land. There is even a section in there for "If the flyer is forced to move less than 18 inches." Nothing in the rule book says you can't do it!

If I play a fragioso, the grapple is standard. If I play any other kind, I usually dont have one.

Say whaaaat!

How come?

I could understand if you did previously when DC dreads could fleet in the shooting phase.

I DO grapple and i have to say its awesome every time. Mostly i use it on Fragiosos but have used it on DC dreads a couple of times too.

I dont think you can drag buildings, as it says "when firing at a vehicle bla bla bla, allowing the Dread to drag its prey closer".

Great! Have you used to comedic effect yet? Like tankshocking a unit with their own transport?

Common sense says no, but on the other hand the BRB tells us to treat buildings with AV as vehicles... :huh:

Who knows how well those STC bunkers are anchored to the ground... ;)

can a grapple pull a flyer closer?

Yes, yes you can. With a little luck it can be moved back, forth or sideways quite a bit. The odds of pulling if off aren't great but who knows, positioning is usually critical for flyers, might have an effect on the game.

Upon looking through the FAQ and BRB I can find nothing that says you can not grab a flyer to pull it closer. It is a shooting attack that you would roll (snap shot) to hit in order to land. There is even a section in there for "If the flyer is forced to move less than 18 inches." Nothing in the rule book says you can't do it!

Unfortunately it only gets destroyed if that happens in the flyers own movement phase ^_^

What's interesting is that you should be able to tankshock a swooping FMC with a flyer!

What happens then? :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived