Descent of Angels and Frag grenades

Hello all I'm a long time Nid player but have been dusting off the BA figures I've had waiting to be assembled for years of late. I'm still stuck in a buggy mindset where life is cheap and sacrifice is the name of the game. Though I'm definitely outgrowing it since there is a lot of pain that comes from losing a marine or two that gaunts can't compare with.

I've been deep striking in my Assault squad (only the one atm) to target the back field of vehicles or objective holders but on occasion there aren't any good targets would chunking grenades be a better alternative to bolt pistoling hordes?

I'm not used to having so many options and am still trying to use my squads so any thoughts or aneccedotes are appreciated. Thanks

Unless something was changed and put into an FAQ I missed...

Don't throw Frag unless you're against... lets say... Guard infantry blobs. S3 is not that good and you're not likely to get that many people under the blast. I could work, but I wouldn't suggest it. Specially since it can scatter back on you.

Krak, on the other hand, Assault 1 with better Strength and AP than the Bolt Pistol. Yes. Throw them every chance you get over pistols! Specially since they come standard!

Frag is also useful against tougher things too... as long as they're close packed. Units which deep strike and shoot instead of using a run to spread out are a good example, a hit with the template is 7 hits, probably only 2 wounds but its one extra wound you couldn't have managed with the pistol or krak grenade. It's situational but worth remembering.

But otherwise yes, always throw a krak grenade if you possibly can!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived