Dark Angels vs Space Wolves Duels.

Ok I was thinking about how I was going to build my 2nd Company Master. I will not be using the Sammael Jetbike model partly for my background and I am scared to buy it in finecast :yes:...

Anyway one of my ideas was as my Master of the 2nd also has the title of Huntsman I am thinking of having a Hound Head (Space Wolves Helmet).

I wanted the helmet to be linked to the Chapters early days, so I will stop talking nonsense and just ask the damn question.

Would the rest of the Unforgiven have these duels with the Space Wolves.

I think you are talking about the honor duels stemming form the Lion and the Wolf story. As it's origins can be traced to the Heresy-era and all Unforgiven are sons of the Lion, I don't see why not.

Die? You do realize it's mostly blood-less these duels.

The "two" legions have even started to rekindle some of the brotherly kinship.

:D

Hehe... I'm also perplexed by two being in quotes... shouldn't legions be in quotes??

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Lion_El%27...on#.UMuek7e9LTo

1.5 the lion and the wolf gives you a pretty decent bit of info.

Well, it does say "On other occasions, however, the rivalry between the two chapters has boiled into open hostility, fueled by mistrust and suspicion". And it has a source noted for that, whereas it doesn't for the bit about bringing them together.

There used to be an article on GW.com on how to play out a honor duel prior to a game, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

437.M33 The Grudge of Dogs

During a combined force assault on a Chaos held world near Cadia, the Blades of Altena 4th Company fired on a Space Wolves encampment after the Wolves commander ordered Imperial Guard artillery to fire on a chaos held location Scout elements of the 10th Company where present and killed. The Blades of Altena refuse to help or fight with the Space Wolves.

“The Arrogance of these dogs and I will put them down like dogs, My chapters losses mean nothing.” Knight Commander Alaois of the 4th

This is my Index Astartes article. I want the helmet badly :D

437.M33 The Grudge of Dogs

During a combined force assault on a Chaos held world near Cadia, the Blades of Altena 4th Company fired on a Space Wolves encampment after the Wolves commander ordered Imperial Guard artillery to fire on a chaos held location Scout elements of the 10th Company where present and killed. The Blades of Altena refuse to help or fight with the Space Wolves.

“The Arrogance of these dogs and I will put them down like dogs, My chapters losses mean nothing.” Knight Commander Alaois of the 4th

This is my Index Astartes article. I want the helmet badly :D

I don't know... seems like they should have fired on the Imperial Guard :P

But there is your motive for a bloody honor duel. Is the idea that killing the Wolf, your Champion takes the helm as a prize? The Wolves may not take that too kindly.

I don't know... seems like they should have fired on the Imperial Guard :P

But there is your motive for a bloody honor duel. Is the idea that killing the Wolf, your Champion takes the helm as a prize? The Wolves may not take that too kindly.

Yeah with bad blood already there I can't think of a good reason.... Other than to piss Space Dogs off :D

Just a note on Sammael in finecast. I had some real problems with the one my wife got me last christmas. I had a terrible time trying to get glue to hold the damnable thing together. I used greenstuff on some pretty large gaps between the handle bar section and the engine/seat section. Once I got that sorted and gave the model and hot bath in warm soap and water, my super glue worked great. It really is an awesome model. My favourite in my whole army by far. I put mine on a square base as well, looks pretty sweet. I digress however.

Maybe leave the wolf hemlet off the model and add it onto the top of the jetbike where the book goes, or put in front of the book. There is a nice open spot right above the engine block. As was stated during the 13th Black Crusade both Chapter's deployed next to each other, and I remember reading somewhere else that Logan Grimnar is the only other person outside the Chapter that knows of our past. Your call though, whatever fluff you like better go with that. :yes:

Archived