Forgeworld awesomeness

Sinful eyes

Okay, so I have always been a fan of our dreadnoughts. I own the old metal Furioso, and that thing ways a ton. It is by far one of the coolest dreadnoughts ever. However, I have never really been able to justify their use in the new codex. 4/5 times they would get blown to bits before being able to do anything at all. Well, those days are over. With FW's updates for 6th edition, "Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pods" are now available to us. For 15 points more than a standard drop pod, we now have the option to charge on the turn we land. See the rules for the drop pod here.

I will be using 1 in every game I play, and I just wanted to point out that the option is there for anyone interested.

(I know that some people frown upon FW stuff. My gaming group loves FW; between the lot of us we own every FW book, and some of us have substantial FW collections, which everyone is free to borrow for games, and tournaments in our are generally allow FW stuff).

once i saw this thread i immediatley checked the price and rules of this drop pod and it is awesome. i then looked at my friend who i play against every week. i asked him if he cares if i use it? bill said sure as long as i get to punch you in the face before every game for using such a over powered unit in your army.

Personally i love it. i think its cool and fluffy and the idea of a furioso or a death company dreadnought landing down on turn one and killing a unit makes me all excited but any one who playes against it is going to be upset...so in friendly games might not want to use it. but if you are building stuff and dont mind not having friends then go for it!

But thanks for the update, didn't know they changed it back.

They didn't. That "update" is over three years old. The current rules for the Lucius pattern pod are in the Imperial Armour Apocalypse 2nd Edition and Blood Angels don't get it (except for Apocalypse).

But thanks for the update, didn't know they changed it back.

They didn't. That "update" is over three years old. The current rules for the Lucius pattern pod are in the Imperial Armour Apocalypse 2nd Edition and Blood Angels don't get it (except for Apocalypse).

Darn. Guess I should read the whole thing before assuming stuff :/

Archived