cityfight build.

Sarnie89

Morning boys and girls!

I hope this topic finds you all well.

This is going to be my wip space for a new table myself and a buddy have started to build.

Yesterday we took a trip to are local B and Q (diy store for the yanks) and purchased the following,

4 sheets of Spacefoam. Its loft insulation but its also high density polystyrene.

Paint brushes

Grey paint (absolute nightmare to find)

Pva glue

Its might not seem a lot but I have an abundance of scenery building goodies in my hobby area. The idea is to layer up on an all ready exsisting table and cut and gouge our way to victory. I'll post some pictures and progress shots as we go along.....right guna see how many kitchen knives the missus doesn't want and I'm guna attack the foam. Wish me luck.

No theme as of yet. We have made a start though. I'll post the pictures I have when I have time.

Note to anyone using high density foam....it sucks!! Absolutle nightmate too cut, I'd maybe suggest a hot knife or saw, our method of huge kitchen knives and elbow grease is a killer! Most labour intensive project too date lol

Another note! Cocktail sticks are invaluable. Awesome for creating buildings etc

No theme as of yet. We have made a start though. I'll post the pictures I have when I have time.

Note to anyone using high density foam....it sucks!! Absolutle nightmate too cut, I'd maybe suggest a hot knife or saw, our method of huge kitchen knives and elbow grease is a killer! Most labour intensive project too date lol

Another note! Cocktail sticks are invaluable. Awesome for creating buildings etc

If you're working with polystyrene I cannot recommend enough a hot wire cutter. It'll cut through high density styrene faster than something very fast cutting through something!

Right that's it I'm sick of cutting...time for a brew and a recap.

I can't stress to you enough how much you should have a look through my gallery. In all honesty I thought we would just make a messy awful job, but if fact we are quite pleased with everything so far.

Sorry gotta do this in links because my phones a pain in the rear, excuse the quality its not me its my phone.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...i&img=98645

Feel free to browse through. I'll explain below,

If the link you opened worked, this is the bridge dividing the board its made simply made from card, parts from an old picture frame and some old sprue parts. Easy enough to make pain getting the supports to hold but we managed.

Moving on if you haven't already looked through the gallery do it!

The statue was created from an odd bit of polystyrene that I found, an old bisto lid and a guardsman I cobbled together. the greatest and easiest thing to build ever, just needed a bit of glue and voila!

At the far end of the board we have a refinery. An old lampshade with card ends and a small S shaped copper pipe connected to a simple ruined building, on the other side are several straws connected to old cardboard label inserts from work(hehehe stolen) that act as silos.

Iv so much to say! Running through the middle of our board will be a road, it was going to be a canal but we want to utilise the entire board.

Note for anyone wanting to make pillars, cut a piece of foam the desired length/width etc, don a pair of flat soled shoes and roll the foam up and down you foot on a flat floor and ur done! Don't ask how we though of this because we don't know either.

Anywho I'll stop yapping on and let you guys take a look. Ideas/comment all welcome!

Morning once more one and all.

Put a slight hold on the board, my cars gone bang :tu: but I'll hopefully sort it soon.

Olisredan: anything in mind for the gothic theme? Iv been browsing the tinterweb but nothing is taking my breath away at the month. Have had a look at few bitz suppliers but the never have the stuff I'm after.

Anyone know of any good suppliers of gothic building parts, gargoyles, tall window frames? Iv looked at a few GW kits but all I found were cherubs and there not quite what I'm after

Sarnie out!

Olisredan: anything in mind for the gothic theme? Iv been browsing the tinterweb but nothing is taking my breath away at the month. Have had a look at few bitz suppliers but the never have the stuff I'm after.

Try checking out pictures of Cathedrals for inspiration (like the Sagrada Família, for example) or particular mansions (try looking up Ettington Park Hotel) and manors (Toddington Manor springs to mind - it's very cathedral-esque). Look for common similarities and particular details for inspiration. :lol:

Afternoon one and all.

Iv been a busy boy this afternoon.

Feel free to check my gallery

All WIP shots so it isn't glued yet. Going to call this the local govenors palace/mansion I reckon, its pretty close to a refinery so he's a hands on govenor lol

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...i&img=98780

Anyone any ideas for the small surrounding area that's left?....I was thinking walled (overgrown) gardens? Yay? Nay?

Comments always welcome

Archived