"Tainted" Dice

Pbenner

Hey Guys,

As we're rapidly approaching the end of the dice buy round 1, I want to say a big Thank You to all the supports I've had through the project. You know who you are, and the private messages and understanding have gone a long way for me. Real Life interfered with my ability to get all the internationals out quickly, but I'm down to the tail end.

Today, I'll have a final count on what is left. I have more of the "Deathwing" dice than anything else, but I will have a few of the others as well. I'll be contacting people via Private Message to get these going.

---------------------------------------------------

"Tainted" dice.

These dice are identical to the "Broken Sword Emblem" dice from the first run, but instead of the custom face being red, it is black. Cream Dice, Black Pips, Black Broken Sword emblem.

I have over 1,000 of the "tainted" dice that are sitting here taking up space. I really don't want them, so I want to get rid of them. I understand that everyone has an opinion on what should be done with them, but I'm going to go with selling them. I will offer them here first. After the interest here is done, I will offer them elsewhere.

Price - .35c USD per dice

Shipping - $6.95 inside the US (Includes DC#), $12.95 to Canada, $16.95 Elsewhere Internationally

Email me at paul.benner (a) gmail.com - please make the subject line [DADICE-TAINT] (B&C Username) Dice Order

Please include addresses in the following format:

IN THE US:

Name

Address Line 1

Address Line 2

CITY, STATE, ZIP

INTERNATIONAL:

NAME (First and Last)

Address Line 1

Address Line 2

Address Line 3

Provence

State

Postal Code

Country

Phone Number

Since these are a limited availability item, they will also be First Come, First Served.

I do not ask this lightly, but if you can find the trust in me to send this as a "gift" and save me the 3% I would be greatly appreciative. Again, I do not ask this without understanding, but I will not take advantage of anyone.

To send money as a gift, there is an option as you're going to send money, what type of payment it is, either "Services", "Goods", or "Gift" I believe are the options.

I have proven that I will get dice out the door at this point. Ask the people from the first buy. Better late than never - :wacko: <_<

Again, my thanks.

Paul

I need to get a picture up.

They're identical to the "broken sword emblem" dice, except the custom face is black instead of red. Not what I ordered, so I wound up with alot of extras.

Paul

From what I understood you originally wanted to reinvest the money made off of selling the "free tainted dice" to order inverse dice. Is this still the plan? If so keep us updated pbenner! I think it would be great to support the frater with the boon the extra dice provide!

Tis still the intention. Hoping to be able to meet at least half of the cost of the smaller run of inverted dice with these proceeds. Not many people seem to want them though.

2/5 dice bag kits are spoken for. (Surprised they're not gone yet)

Paul

if we order these tainted dice you got for free :D how many months will the wait be to get them/ (i did monitor your last sale thread) and what are you "Reinvesting" the proceeds from said dice sales into?

pic please of these tainted dice if you can...

cheers, Mithril

Well,

Three things here.

1) Mods said no-no on the dice bag being sold through the site, so these are off the table, sorry. For those I have committed to, I will follow through, but please do not contact me through this site for additional information on the dice bags.

2) Mithril, if you followed the other thread then would have the answer to your question. If you want to re-read how drastically my Real Life changed between starting and finishing this project, be my guest, but I'm not re-typing it all here. (Here's a hint, I went from working 33 hours a week to working 70+ and only in the last month and a half have things started to slow down). I will do the best I can to ship as fast as I can, but I have things come up just like anyone else. Not going to apologize again, especially to someone that I don't owe anything to.

3) I've gotten three different emails now from "anonymous" people about how much they disagree with me selling something that I obtained for free, despite any intentions I may have. I don't have any desire to deal with this. Kind of torn on if I am going to continue or not. To those that have committed, I will follow through. Going to think long and hard about whether or not I continue this. Will let you know by Friday.

Paul

:P well from your response i will say apologies to you for having a problematic life ! but looking at this seriously i will Err on the side of caution and give your dice buy a wide berth as i think it would probably end in frustration/tears etc.

good luck in life...

Mithril

Well I am interested in getting some of these dice, I'd prefer the non tainted ones, if there are any of those left I am interested, but I'd rather wait for a second run of the others than settle for the others.

:P well from your response i will say apologies to you for having a problematic life ! but looking at this seriously i will Err on the side of caution and give your dice buy a wide berth as i think it would probably end in frustration/tears etc.

good luck in life...

Mithril

Ouch. Given that everything's out, I think all that would be required is some patience!

@Paul: I suspect I'll be ordering probably 20 tainted dice anyhow, so I might as well send that in when my plane lands tomorrow.

i love the idea of picking some of these up but sadly cannot commit to this as yet as finances are tight (ie wife controlling cash flow at the moment as its christmas :S)

just to say - i followed the original thread and apreciated the honesty and commitment shown so would have no issue buying from you. also for the most part, from what i saw, i was impressed by the B&C community for their patience and understanding.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

It looks like GW has slapped Chessex with a cease and desist order on manufacturing any more dice utilizing the "Sword with Wings" emblem, so there will be no more future runs of these dice in the foreseeable future. I am in the process of trying to figure out a way around this now. It will not be possible to get a run of inverted color dice at this point. I'll continue to take requests for the remainder of the tainted dice through the end of the month. Get them now if you want them, then I'll move on to other places to off-load these.

If I find anything else out, I will let you know.

Paul

Hey guys,

It looks like GW has slapped Chessex with a cease and desist order on manufacturing any more dice utilizing the "Sword with Wings" emblem, so there will be no more future runs of these dice in the foreseeable future. I am in the process of trying to figure out a way around this now. It will not be possible to get a run of inverted color dice at this point. I'll continue to take requests for the remainder of the tainted dice through the end of the month. Get them now if you want them, then I'll move on to other places to off-load these.

If I find anything else out, I will let you know.

Paul

Sent you an email on the 16th of Dec, have not heard back from you. I am re-sending to your gmail.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this bad boy back to the front page. Trying to keep things separate.

egon1six - where do you live in KS? we might be able to meet up for an in-person exchange depending on location and where you pass through.

Anyone else interested, please follow the instructions above. I'm doing a pretty good job of staying on top of the packing of these, and will be getting them out pretty quickly. I would like to have all orders in and paid for by the 2nd of February so please get them in quickly. I'll be looking to off-load these through other channels at that point as I have no use for them.

Best,

Paul

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/photobucket-14406-1358820518639.jpg

My Belial is in the background (Yet Unpainted). For reference, he is 1/8" taller than he should be on his base, due to cork basing.

Paul

Archived