Land raider crusader

Raven of the Wing

Hi all. Need some clarification on how to fill the crusader.

I get the eight terminator fix, which is just unfortunate for a dark angels player (for now)

But I want to use it with PA. can I use two IC with command squads? (12models)

Or can I use a ten man tactical squad and an IC with command squad (16 models)

My query is regarding the rules where it says a transport vehicle can be embarked by a squad plus any IC's upto it's max. Capacity. The crux is does the command squad count as part of the IC.

An IC can not be attached to two units at one time. And a transport (barring Apocalypse and Combat Squads)) can't have two units embarked in it. A Dark Angels Command Squad is a seperate unit from the IC that unlocked it.

My unsolicited two cents: filling up a crusader just for the sake of filling it up is folly.

Focus on what unit will achieve your stated goal with the LRC, and synergizes well with its weaponry. A 10-man tac squad may fill up seats, but a 5-man command/honor guard squad may be what your army needs.

For Dark Angels, Beliel with his TDA command squad and either a Interrogator Chaplain or a Librarian is the ticket for a LRC filled death squad. At 2,000 points, you can even fit in a third IC to the unit for even more pain. :D

Blood Angels have the option to fill it up with blood-thirsty maniacs in black armour, which would be a very expensive, but extremely deadly, unit. And I believe the Crusader was originally a Black Templar vehicle, who could fill it with one of their big squads with Neophytes and Initiates.

Blood Angels have the option to fill it up with blood-thirsty maniacs in black armour, which would be a very expensive, but extremely deadly, unit. And I believe the Crusader was originally a Black Templar vehicle, who could fill it with one of their big squads with Neophytes and Initiates.

And Space Wolves with 15 Blood Claws and a Wolf Priest.

yeah, im trying to keep with my 6th company here, if i bling it for B and a squad, it would have to be painted deathwing, id just feel wrong for them to charge out of a green LRC.

thanks for the thoughts all, i will use it for my command squad plus IC's, backed up with two teleporting DW squads :huh:

Archived