Blood Angels Redux

The4thHorseman

Well its been quite some time since I've seen been in the game, roughly 10 years I think, or whenever 4th ed came out. And what has brought me back has really been the HH stuff from Forge world, which is fantastic, I bought the Book as soon as I saw it. I started with Blood Angels and I'm definitely going to carry on. Now I had a decent sized amount of models from WAAAYYY back in the day but compared to the kits out now, they look like bits of sprue.

So I've decided to Start fresh, but with a twist. Basically the idea behind my New Blood Angels are they are in the State of breaking up from Legion down to Chapter size and Organization. I think that this would allow me the flexibility to play a 30k game or 40k if I choose and still be accurate background wise. So what does this mean for painting? We'll like the title description says I'm bringing back 2nd edition. Pretty much updating schemes and symbols from 2nd ed, but making them fit into our 6th ed. I know 2nd Ed BAs use TONS of Yellow, I'm not going that far though, but plenty of use of Checkers and special shoulder markings, and TONS of details (Think Crusader style, packed to the 9s).

Also if you want to check out my plans for a Contemptor Dread when I get enough $$$ you can see it here.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=266822

So what Painting Log wouldn't be complete without Pics. Sadly no time this week to Paint, but stuff has started to arrive from the Warp! :lol:

gallery_4171_7974_793112.jpg

As you can see I have a bunch of source material, including my Old Codexs.

I'm gonna start with a Box of DC and a Combat Squad and make a Detailed Blood Angels Tactical Squad.

gallery_4171_7974_119060.jpg

Bases from Scibor, let me just say AMAZING they are super, great quality. In case anyone wondered they took 2 weeks from order date to get to me in the US.

Close Up.

gallery_4171_7974_142521.jpg

Thats it for now, I'll post more Pics when I get started painting.

Archived