Newbie Question cover saves

Puhnupetteri

Howdy folks

I played at sunday whole day and we had little problem that we couldnt find answer by our own while we were playing. We decided to make our own mind in mid game so it didint affect enjoyment about playing ;)

So Question:

Enemy troops are behind fence (Templar marines).

I shoot them with vindicator (large blast)

Do you get cover saves behind fence or is the hit calculated from middle of large plast "hole"..?

If you would imagine a explosive hitting rear you wouldnt get cover.. If u think u fire straight line maybe the explosive has change to hit fence instead of flying

over intended target?

Cheers

Puhnupetteri

I think we had a long thread about blast weapons not long ago. You use the blast markers just to count up the number of hits. No more worrying about where the hole is or even line of sight to the models it hits. Once you count up the hits, roll to wound and then allocate the wounds just like any other shoting attack. So the guys in front get hit first. Roll for cover if the closet guy has cover from the shooter.

Like Morollan said, barrage is the exception. cover and wound allocation comes from the direction of the center hole. But that is ONLY for barrage weapons.

Archived