So what are you buying?

Apothecary Orpheus

Well it was about time to see what treatment our Angels got modelwise and despite the mixed recieval of the release

I can say I'm not dissapointed at all.I really like the new termies and the ravenwing models the flyer could be more ellegant

but hey they are marines,a flying sledge hammer is more their thing,no?The new speeder is okiish(anybody remember the deodorant hover tank?).

I see 2 dark talons a box of termies and bikes coming my way as soon as possible though my Belial will come from Scibor,and a deodor...ehh speeder/wedding cake ornament a bit later on.

I wonder what happened to the rumoured brother interoggators and the mortis dread we heard about...Oh well,

I have patience(and a boatload of models to assemble/paint anyway) I can wait...a bit.

All in all It seems to me DA become now well rounded,modelwise at least.I am a happy unforgiven :teehee:

I will be buying the codex immediately then after reading through it going from there. I just started building my DA with Dark Vengeance (and getting into 40k for the first time) and have a lot of things to add so will build my army list then buy the models I need after that.

Currently Own: 2 sets of Dark Vengeance and 2 Razorback/Rhinos.

Will buy regardless:

Flyer,

Deathwing Knights

Will probably end up buying:

DW Command Squad

Ravenwing Knights

And much much more!

Even tho-ugh its against my better judgment I'll probably take everything bar the speeder which, in my twisted mind at least, leaves me free to take another box of deathwing because they're some of the best models i've seen since Sevrin Loth set from FW.

Speaking of that have we got prices for this stuff as yet?

To begin with the codex.

Then a pair of termi boxes, one to build knights with and one to build a command squad with. Remaining bits will be uses to bling up some regulat termies. Also plan on adding the fw cataphracti special weapons set to the mix.

A flier is also on the table, aswell as whatever looks neat in the codex.

A mortis contemptor is on the wishlist for the near future.

I am curious to hear what scibor model peeps will use for Belial

If they offer a Limited Edition Codex, I'll try to get my hands on that and a regular one. One to leave at the house and one to leave in my Warhammer bag.

Then I'll probably get a couple of boxes of Deathwing and definitely get a flyer.

While I'm interested in starting a Ravenwing force, I already have a lot of bikes so until I start playing them more often I can't justify buying any more. And unless that ugly landspeeder is "ZOMG OP" I won't be buying. I hate the look of normal landspeeders so I really hate the new one.

I think my wife for christmas may or may not have gotten me about $350 (can) worth of gift certificates to start a new creation.

Items on my list would be:

1 Codex

2 Boxes of Deathwing Knights

1 Box robed Veterans

1 Box Darktalon

1 Box black knights

Asmodai

I really wish they dropped the codex before the main set of releases, would probably be quite helpful in the planning department!

codex

possibly the bikers and terminator box - want to see if they've updated the RW sprue

dont want to go too nuts ont eh new blinged up stuff as i want it to fit into my army as is, not sideline/take over

once i see rules/build lists i'll think about flyers/speeders.

I will have to space out my purchases I'm sure. Most of the new stuff looks like it's worth getting at least once, and I'll probably want everything at least twice (outside characters and codex).

First up will probably be 2 Fliers plus the codex, and probably Belial. Lots of playtesting coming once I get my hands on the book so I can be ready for the CAGE Finals. I'll have like 4 weeks to get a full 1850 army tabletop ready and in fighting shape to take on the best players from each of the stores in Alabama. Last year I took 5th at the finals with our outdated book, with lots of GK, Orks, and Necrons about. I'm anxious to see what I can do with some new tools.

I've already got about ~40 DE terminators and ~30 Ravenwing bikes and a full battle company, so the new kits are my priority pieces for getting ready for this event.

I won't be able to go all in right away, but to start I'll get the codex ( :wacko: ) and 1 box of Black Knights. I already have 8 squads of terminators built and almost fully painted, so I can hold off on those for a little while. Down the road I want at least 2 of the Dark Talons and 1 Land Speeder Vengeance.

Codex before I decide on anything else, although I'm sure I'm going to pick up a DW box to investigate how modable stuff is. But the codex makes a big ruling on what I do with my 25-30 DW in progress.

Well I(almost) forgot about the codex...lets hope it's worth it after that 2007 bland affair :wacko: .

I don't see much enthusiasm for the new speeder,the plasma version looks menacing enough,running around

spitting glowing plasma death 2+ saves will have a hard time...

The DW box looks sweet it will sell like hot cakes,I'll definitely get a second box as soon as I see what it contains to bling up

my 20 existing partly assembled termies.If a mortis kit rolls out of the production line I want 2 plus one ven Dread kit to reach

10 Dreads,hull points or not I don't care they are iconic models and who knows what new bits will help spice up their sarcophagi?

Codex, natch.

I will very probably want 2 of the flyers, but right now, I'm thinking about kitbashing them from Stormtalons with plasticard wings, since they're MUCH cheaper.

I'll almost certainly buy a box of termies and use the bits to bling out my existing vast quantities of termies. I already have the DV models unassembled as a starting point for this, too.

I have a couple of old-school metal landspeeders (2nd edn I think) which I'll probably kitbash into my own variation of the 3-man landspeeders.

Codex of course. Still debating whether to aim for the Limited Edition (if we get one that is) or if I'm just going to get the regular one.

Model-wise, I'll get two boxes of Deathwing Knights and one box of Ravenwing Black Knights for starters. After that, perhaps the Land Speeder Vengeance if it looks better in person/in different pictures. I just love the idea of a Ravenwing force riding fast under the cloak of darkness, even though the model does feel a bit underwhelming at the moment.

Later on, gotta get me two of those flyers. They look completely boss.

Archived