So what are you buying?

Apothecary Orpheus

Waiting to see on the rules for Belial. If he is becoming an actual named character and getting a single loadout rather than being a generic named character then I will pick him up. If he still has multiple loadouts then I will leave him be (I'm actually hoping for the former).

As I always loved the RT-era deodorant tank I'll be picking up a couple of the speeders at least.

A couple of boxes of Black Knights. Three maybe four boxes of DW Knights/Command.

A flyer or two.

Maybe a few more normal bikers since RW actually seem individually interesting this time.

And the codex of course.

Talk about a great time to return to the hobby and my Dark Angels!

I'll start off with the codex of course and most likely a couple boxes of the Deathwing! I'll likely also either pick-up a Ravenwing Knights box or, at the very least, hunt down bits from that box to update all my old bikes. Really looking forward to these releases!

As I always loved the RT-era deodorant tank I'll be picking up a couple of the speeders at least.

Oh damn, that must have actually been their inspiration - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49329

I'm almost entirely certain it is. The forward, off-center forward turret, the big main gun at the back. It is a modern re-imagining. And note that the dudes around it in the original are Dark Angels. It's just such a fun design that I love it despite (and also because of) its oddness.

GW have been doing a lot to hit veteran player nostalgia buttons lately, and I don't mind saying that it worked on me.

6th finally got me to stop playing 2nd Edition (at least for now, it still does things I enjoy). If we can't have jetbikes then I am fine with getting the deodorant tank. :P

3x DW box and the codex. If I don't need belial to field full DW I won't use him and use the captain I have made.

But the way I see it, DW will be troops if you have a termie captain and belial will make knights troops. Just seems like a gw move.

I think the speeder should be decen in game. Dark shroud giving stealth. Cover save 4+ on moving bikes with Jink. Yes please.

BTW there is a mortis in the codex. We gained the ability to mount dual autocannons to them. No special rules though.

I hope that's wrong... As I have gotten kind of used to using the mortis with skyfire...

In the middle of last year I put myself under a fairly tight miniature purchasing regime. All I've bought since are 'necessary' add-ons to field units, or models that are limited edition. Well, okay, I did get Mrs Zoatibix to buy me the DV LE box as a very early Xmas present because of the LE model. But apart from that. And a War Witch Siren...apart from those I've stuck to it. And an entire Cryx army...but it was going for a third of retail and I sold the BB. But apart from those. Look, I haven't upgraded my five year old gaming PC, at all, okay?

Therefore despite the fact I just got a (minor) promotion and a completely unexpected (and very welcome) Christmas bonus I am going to stick to:

• The Codex - because it isn't a model, dammit! And I love looking at alt paint schemes, reading good background and theorizing armies.

• Any really cool looking limited edition models.

I am otherwise going to have to content myself with admiring the handiwork of everybody else here. Given the great armies on show already, I think that should be enough to get me working through my pile!

Definitely getting two flyers and a few DW boxes to begin with. After that probably a couple of RW boxes and Belial and Asmodai. Of course the codex will be first - I want to see if the Vengeance is worth it before splashing out. Wonder what's gonna be in the second wave? New dread/Predator maybe?

Definitely the codex, a Deathwing box and a flyer. Later, at some point I will get the Ravenwing box along with the Sammael and maybe again that fighter. The Flying Bed is not an option. IF it has good rules I'll convert it from regular Land Speeder.

EDIT: spelling :confused:

Looking at those prices, not much at once.

Codex and one or two Kits... depending on their Stats. GW somehow cannot get me excited about their new vehicles anymore, the infantry and bikers are great. Still i might get one of those flying candleholders...

Archived