Honor Guard vs Terminators

nimrod451

Howdy folks, I'm going to be doing a Flesh Tearers Army - its been planned for a while now just haven't had the clout to start. They'll be a nice assaulty element to Battle Brother up with my Red Scorpions, or run by themselves. So I want to do a big melee death star with Gabriel Seth and a retinue. The point is to be kind of a big bloated fun thing... so which do you guys think would more more fun (effective?)

Gabriel Seth

Corbulo

- and the Honor Guard

Storm Raven w/Missile and Hurricane Bolter

or

Gabriel Seth

Corbulo

2 SS/TH Terminators and 3 LC terminators

Storm Raven w/Missile and Hurricane Bolter

...or do you have a different suggestion? If you like the honor guard, how would you kit them out?

So, funny story;

An Honor Guard, you wouldn't need Corbulo. They already have a priest. That would drop the cost significantly and allow you to better gear out that Honor Guard. That being said;

I would take the Terminators. They have 2+ saves. They have a 5++. They're stupid good with a Priest. And gearing Honor Guard for CC makes them over costed. Sanguinary Guard would do a better job than an Honor Guard, but they can't drop their Jump Packs for this situation. The only down side is you won't be able to sweep anything. You'd have to kill it right then!

I usually run Seth with Terminators anyway, when I run him. Then again, my Honor Guard are modeled x4 Melta with Jump Packs for DoA lists back in 5th.

I knew about the Priest in the honor guard, the idea was for corbulu to be able to tank a bit with the 2+FNP but it would be a little cheaper.

...i think thats the conclusion i came to is that terminators actually end up cheaper than melee honor guard.. I suppose i could do them all with plasma tho! lol

thanks for the input so far.

You can in fact take SG inside a Raven, I was thinking of a Land Raider for some reason... Whoops... SG would be better in my opinion. x2 Axe x3 Sword and then you could throw a banner in there for a few extra points if you have them. Would work great in the end.

Archived