Pre-/post-Heresy Night Lords

Hello my fellow B&C borthers and sisters, and welcome to the people who followed my previous thread. I would like to announce that I will be starting a post- and pre-heresy army of Night Lords including a Diorama, now I know these are long projects but I am confident that I am able to achieve them! Now to not bother all of you, I will present for my first show the post-heresy Night Lords of the 16th Company! Enjoy!

Raptor:

gallery_69772_7982_1020870.jpg

Chaos Champion Sigvard:

gallery_69772_7982_2463517.jpg

Dark Apostle Nemvar:

gallery_69772_7982_2518720.jpg

(From my other thread) Champion Telach, leader of the warp Talons within the Company:

gallery_69772_7982_1747732.jpg

Champion Var'leth (my favourite so far):

gallery_69772_7982_1859772.jpg

Warpsmith Sar'kan:

gallery_69772_7982_1543868.jpg

I have already started my test model, and the paint scheme and credits go all to arterialsplash who has been an amazing friend and supporter! So stay tuned to hopefully tomorrow where I will be posting my first completed mini! Cheers mates!

Good start looking forward to see some painted.

Also looking forward to seeing your 30k night lords, will you be using fw armor marks, or converting your own?

Thank you Demon2027, I can't wait either until I have completed him since this will be my first Night Lords model that I have painted! Now to answer to your question, I will be using FW marks, but I may or may not make my own in time if I feel like it.

Now to posst a question of my own, since the recent realease of the Justaerin I was thinking of buying them and converting them into Atramentar marines, since I fell in love with those spiky bitz, or should I just get the normal Cataphractii? Just a question I wanted answered since I'm struggling on it and would like to know on how everyone else would feel on it. Cheers!

depends on if you like the more rounded look with top knots or the angled look without top knots. both look excellent. guess its personal prefrence at this point. looking forward to seeing your first painted model.

Wonderful looking poses there brother and thanks for the mention. Will you be incorporating your other work into this army or will this be a seperate project? As far as your terminator mark decision goes i personally like cataphractii but its up to personal preference i suppose. I have just finished painting up one of my cataphractii just have to base it and ill have it up on my wip if you want to get an idea of how one is going to look in midnight clad. Good luck with your project brother i cant wait to see this come together

Wonderful looking poses there brother and thanks for the mention. Will you be incorporating your other work into this army or will this be a seperate project? As far as your terminator mark decision goes i personally like cataphractii but its up to personal preference i suppose. I have just finished painting up one of my cataphractii just have to base it and ill have it up on my wip if you want to get an idea of how one is going to look in midnight clad. Good luck with your project brother i cant wait to see this come together

Well this will be a completly seperate project since the last will be given over to my girlfriend who is eager to turn them into something better then I would be able to do. As for the cataphractii, yes I would love to see it so I can get a picture of him in paint that way I can make up my mind even more to see how it would look, and no problem of course you get the credit YOU MADE THE COLOUR SCHEME AND LIGHTNING EFFECTS!!! Which were awesome and so far, the test model I have made is looking great, I just forgot to buy that xerios purple and I will have to go back for it on monday :o . But other then else the blue is looking real "midnight clad" and the all the other ones just look wonderful! I have to say you made the perfect scheme for me to work with and I will make the most of it for sure, if anybody wants to see the unfinished but half way done model then just let me know and I will make a few shots and post. Cheers mates!

-ColdWinter

if anybody wants to see the unfinished but half way done model then just let me know and I will make a few shots and post. Cheers mates!

-ColdWinter

well get them up here !! looking forward to this

Given what I've seen so far, I'll second that. Whack 'em up, brother. :mellow:

Ok here is the test mini, now the lighting is horrible in my opinion since it doesn't do the dark blue justice :mellow:, any ideas on how I could make better lighting for photos? Well anyways here are the pictures, of the test mini!

This is the first marine to bear the colours of the Night Lords, just forget the red eyes since that won't be present until I find a new solution which I believe I have, so just enjoy him the way he is!

gallery_69772_7982_341260.jpg

here is the side view of the marine, how the bronze and gold interact, like I said lighting doesn't give the mini justice:

gallery_69772_7982_1548596.jpg

and here is the rear view:

gallery_69772_7982_1558384.jpg

gallery_69772_7982_274173.jpg

so here I put the mini closer to the light so you can hopefully see the dark blue better, mainly cause of the crappy camera, and just judge for yourself what it looks like to you. the lightning will come on the next update, cheers!

gallery_69772_7982_2590405.jpg

- ColdWinter

there is a lightbox on a budget tutorial in the tutorial section that kurgan linked that runs about 25 dollars. it works wonderfully. helped my pics loads and costs alot less then if you buy a professional one and is easy to store. might check into it. from what i see its a wonderful start. looking forward to seeing more of your work.

well im not sure with the photos cause i dont know what equipment you have to hand but with mine i have a white bit of card to put the mini on then i get my led table lamp onto it. then i play around with the exposure settings on the camera till i get the brightness i like then snap. Once its on the computer i use a photo editor just to do an auto adjust which rebalances the colours to what they actually look like in real life.

As for the test mini lovely work my friend. By the looks of the photo you have nailed that blue once you get the purple those lighning bolts are just gonna jump right off that dark armour. Keep up the good work brother.

Oh and your gf is very lucky to get those awesome builds youve done im jelous

thanks mates for the advice, I will be sure to use it in my next pictures that I take. Yes I believe I will be taking Cataphractii Temrinators and then...Vampirifying them into something terrible to behold! I have pondered latelly on just selling those conversions that I made, but that depends if my gf will last long with them :confused: (mainly cause she is constantly changing her mind). So definitly more pics on christmas/x-mas eve mates, see you there and happy holidays!

That's a really cool shade of blue! Looks like 1960s pontiacs- definitely an original addition.

@Ch@oZ Very true, I hadn't noticed that fact until you pointed it out which I am now very happy with :lol:.

Now I just built my camera setup station for my minis and here are some new pics/ better pics from the last installment! Enjoy mates!

Test mini (still not finished, do that I had to paint an entire 3000 point Word Bearer army for my gf and had little time for anything else):

gallery_69772_7982_3588474.jpg

gallery_69772_7982_2382803.jpg

and here is one of the Word Bearers I painted for my gf ( who is completly in love with them now and can't stop talking about Argel Tal :)) Hope you guy slike him to, he still WIP though:

gallery_69772_7982_1749475.jpg

gallery_69772_7982_2147440.jpg

EDIT: I am currently working on the Warpsmith, so hopefully I will be able to post him soon and you guys will be able to see him in 75% condition, thanks mates C&C is as always welcome

Ok update time brothers and sisters! Here is my 75% done Warpsmith/Techmarine for 30k & 40k gameplay. Enjoy mates, all I have to do is get some paint for power cabling and that damn purple then we can rock at lightning like never before!

Warpsmith/ Techmarine Sar'kan!:

gallery_69772_7982_1401540.jpg

gallery_69772_7982_3723068.jpg

gallery_69772_7982_3215098.jpg

gallery_69772_7982_1517646.jpg

gallery_69772_7982_3026676.jpg

C&C is welcome brothers, I hoped you liked him as much as I loved painting him :D

EDIT: Just ordered 2 Cataphractii Squads with Special Weapons and power fists, 1 Legion Mk II Assault Squad, 1 Mk IV Space Marine Squad, 1 Legion Champion and Master of Signal, 1 Apothecary set, Horus Heresy Book I: Betrayal and Legion Mk IV Power Weapon Set. Hope to get these things soon, then I can start building my Pre-heresy army and dazzle you guys with the first pre heresy Night Lords army in the B&C (as far as I know). Cheers!

Greetings brother, your Night Lords are fantastic and I love the Raptor/Warp Talon conversions especially! I saw these shoulder pads on PuppetsWar an thought you might find them useful for your army:

Power Armour: http://www.puppetswar.com/product.php?id_product=146

Terminator Armour: http://www.puppetswar.com/product.php?id_product=147

Greetings brother, your Night Lords are fantastic and I love the Raptor/Warp Talon conversions especially! I saw these shoulder pads on PuppetsWar an thought you might find them useful for your army:

Power Armour: http://www.puppetswar.com/product.php?id_product=146

Terminator Armour: http://www.puppetswar.com/product.php?id_product=147

Thanks mate, I will most likely get a few pieces of those and if not that then just buy some greenstuff and make them myself :). glad you like them so far, today I'm getting the rest of the paint for some of the stuff like power cabling, xerius purple, face paint and a little pieces of orange to make the eyes glow since I want to give them this look:

gallery_69772_7982_27196.jpg

so there will be an update later today hopefully, first I need to paint a Daemon Prince verison of Lorgar for a client then I can move on to my army, cheers!

Cold, glowing eye lenses are easyim using that technique right now on my warband. It's the same trick I use for my plasmas. Ceramite white then use a detail brush to put one of the glazes on over it. I suggest blood letter due to all the dark blue of the Night Lords makes it pop off the model. That's how my chosens medallions are painted. Check the Flickr.

thanks for the advice mate but...I already know how to do the eyelenses I just had to pick up the paint :P. But thank you anyways for that, I might use it on my gaunts or so when I get to them eventually! Now just finished the fraggin Deamon Prince Lorgar, who was a paint in the arse to finish up and add details to. It is insane to say how people can make such wonderous models but yet so sophisticated that they have people like me paint them and then expect too much from it :lol:. Well anyways I will hopefully get some more minis up later on after I take a nap :D, cheers!

OK this is a glorious moment for me, even though this isn't much for somebody else I believe I have perfected the colour scheme that arterial splash provided for me! So here is the Warpsmith first!

Warpsmith Sar'kan:

gallery_69772_7982_3635921.jpg

gallery_69772_7982_2033460.jpg

gallery_69772_7982_3829390.jpg

gallery_69772_7982_1161325.jpg

here is a picture of him in the dark, and you can see the lightning pop up !

gallery_69772_7982_854065.jpg

ok here are the test minis, that have been vacant for so long, so enjoy!:

gallery_69772_7982_3613520.jpg

gallery_69772_7982_1714562.jpg

gallery_69772_7982_1184618.jpg

gallery_69772_7982_248534.jpg

C&C is welcome borthers and sisters! I am already working on the Dark Apostle so I hope to post him today later on. Enjoy all those picture and let me know what you guys think!

Archived