DA Successor Chapter

josuéforgeron

Hi everyone, new here just seen some of the new DA models and i already have the dark vengeance box set so I was thinking of doing a DIY DA successor Chapter,

This is where you come in lol I need to find a colorscheme that doesn't scream DA but more DA successor I guess.

Any name suggestions would be welcome too, cheers

Well, for colour scheme that are DA sucessor but not DA you can use bone, black or darker colours that give a brooding, serious feeling.Like others suggested experiment the SM painter!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/smp.php...FFFF&=&

Would this look good with a DA green robe? or would the purple/green look a bit too snazy

I agree with the good Chaplain there. Bone white robes would look great as long as that purple is going to be fairly dark. Looking forward to seeing some models.

Demio

Thanks a dark purple sounds interesting.

What about should pads?

Black trim/Bleach Bone insert

or

Bleach Bone trim/ Black insert

or

Dark Angels G Trim/Bleach Bone insert

I was thinking of doing the aquilas etc. in a DA green.

IMHO you nailed it first time with your SM painter try. Since you're using purple I would keep green tonesjust in tiny details like chest eagles and avoid using them on large surfaces so it won't clash. Again IMHO I wouldn't even use green tones at all and would just use a palette of Purple with bone details and maybe some dark red here and there.

IMHO you nailed it first time with your SM painter try. Since you're using purple I would keep green tonesjust in tiny details like chest eagles and avoid using them on large surfaces so it won't clash. Again IMHO I wouldn't even use green tones at all and would just use a palette of Purple with bone details and maybe some dark red here and there.

Really are on the same page here.

Bone trim on the shoulders and personally bone Aquila although I don't think the green would look to bad but I just prefer the contrast between the purple and bone.

My idea of where this is going.

sm.php?b62c=@hrxb3_iakk7.i3YrR@_@@@@@___@@._@@@@@@@@.@@.@.@@@@@@@@@@@__@@@@@@@@_@_@@__&

Potentially for the Sargeant.

sm.php?b62c=@hrxb3_iakk7.i3YrR@_@@@..___@@._@@@@@@@@.@@.@.@@@@@@@@@@@__@@@@..@@_@_@@__&

Although the helmet may be to much with the robes.

These are only ideas. Feel free to completely ignore them ;) and the silver bits left are just because I couldn't be bothered to add the colour lol.

Best of luck.

BTW I expect you to post some of these when you start painting :rolleyes:

Demio.

Something to keep in mind: there is a Chaos group called the Extinction Angels that is dark purple with bone trim, former Space Marine Chapter turned to Chaos. I've been researching them because I've decided they are the culprits of my Hybreon IV incident.

Extinction Angels

Also, our hated opponents (besides the Fallen) are apparently the Night Lords, which are also a midnight blue/purple.

Maybe that's info you can work into your Chapter back-story or something.

Good luck, will be neat to see what you come up with!

Something to keep in mind: there is a Chaos group called the Extinction Angels that is dark purple with bone trim, former Space Marine Chapter turned to Chaos. I've been researching them because I've decided they are the culprits of my Hybreon IV incident.

Extinction Angels

Also, our hated opponents (besides the Fallen) are apparently the Night Lords, which are also a midnight blue/purple.

Maybe that's info you can work into your Chapter back-story or something.

Good luck, will be neat to see what you come up with!

Did not know this.

Maybe called Angels extinct created to hunt the Extinction Angels as they are believed to have some particularly notorious members as heck the Fallen serving with them. (nothing to back this up, just making it up)

Lol I'm so crap at this. That's why I went with Angels of Redemption :P

Have to remember this is neither my thread nor project lol.

Sorry Josuforgeron.

My successor chapter, the Angels of Resolution, have been painted using a purple scheme. Here are some pictures:

gallery_53412_5976_1771298.jpg

gallery_53412_5976_1745625.jpg

gallery_53412_5976_2595442.jpg

gallery_53412_5976_727607.jpg

gallery_53412_5976_130604.jpg

gallery_53412_5976_501594.jpg

I haven't actually painted any Space Marines in power armor except for my Chapter Master so far, so I haven't actually picked what color I will use for the shoulder trim. For the chest symbols I'm using boltgun metal, since it seems to blend in nicely with the dark purple.

My recipe is to prime my models using chaos black for the most part, then use Daemonette Hide (or old school Hormagaunt purple), then apply a wash of Druchii Violet (I'm still using Leviathan purple) to the model and let it dry. Purple might seem like an odd choice for an Unforgiven Chapter, but according to my fluff it wasn't discovered that they were descendants of the Lion until after their creation. :lol:

Yes, black robe can work. <_< Painting halves is not hard, just takes a bit more time, but with practice it's not that time consuming. You just have to start painting each colour from the middle to the outside and correct mistakes (overlaps) if any.

Well, for colour scheme that are DA sucessor but not DA you can use bone, black or darker colours that give a brooding, serious feeling.Like others suggested experiment the SM painter!

Would this look good with a DA green robe? or would the purple/green look a bit too snazy

Something like this you mean?

spacemarine.jpg

SM Painter V5 for the wargear.

And I decided to give your example a bit more bling.

spacemarine.jpg

+1 for this.

This project is looking really good!

spacemarine.jpg

+1 for this.

I think i'll go with this scheme, thanks for all the help i'll put photos up as soon as I can, any tips for painting purple?

spacemarine.jpg

+1 for this.

I think i'll go with this scheme, thanks for all the help i'll put photos up as soon as I can, any tips for painting purple?

I'd suggest using a brush, some paint, and some water.

Maybe a paper towel to wipe the brush with. :P

Archived