Howling Griffons

company veteran

Hey guys.. i have just restarted my Howling Griffon army after having to sell my old one years ago and im loving it.. just thought you might like to see the few bits im working on..

Terminator librarian WIP

gallery_64996_7983_223366.jpg

servitor objective marker

gallery_64996_7983_276902.jpg

chapter master alvaro WIP

gallery_64996_7983_25579.jpg

rusted predator basecoat ready for hairspray and salt weathering

gallery_64996_7983_373714.jpg

Wow, very very nice. I think Alvaro is my favourite conversion of the Sevrin Loth model I've seen. No points for guessing who he's going to count as :)

Although the helmet threw me at first, I REALLY like the Librarian. After looking at it again the PA helmet sits surprisingly well on a TDA body.

Well done!

Well i got a few models put together today... A new chapter master as i just wasnt satisfied with the previous one.

i have decided to battle damage my marines as well. So far only Alvaro is battle damaged but the rest will follow shortly.

Alvaro:

gallery_64996_7983_825940.jpg

honour guard Lucio:

gallery_64996_7983_154917.jpg

honour guard castilo:

gallery_64996_7983_204515.jpg

honour guard Nathaniel:

gallery_64996_7983_685391.jpg

honour guard stranin:

gallery_64996_7983_419545.jpg

Let me know what you guys think..

I kind of liked the (semi-painted) Alvaro! ^_^

Inspiring stuff here Company Veteran - quartered pattern has always been a challenge for me - and a red/yellow combo? better you than me mate! ;) Love the Pred too!

I'm gonna be looking closely on this one!

Yeah much better now ! Very brace chapter choice. HG are hard to do, but yours I do like :)

The white helmets look very cool.

One thing though, I would recommend to stick to either green (purity seal ) or blue (purity seal on teh shoulderpad), as third color. Otherwise they will look too rainbowy.

Yeap, looks great! Battle Damage nicely done too... :D I'd agree that blue is a bit of an odd choice, but it's fine... Let's see more, MORE I SAY!!! ;)

Btw if you're looking for some extra motivation note that the LPC-13 is on. Why not join? ;)

There's some excellent work here so far, no doubt it will all look amazing when a group shot is taken. Besides the purity seals needing writing scribbles on them, there is very little I can criticise, tbh. :lol:

it all went horribly wrong today... i got to play my first few games with my space marines and i found it BORING BORING BORING!!

uh oh i thought.. i just brought a bunch of these dudes and they arent cheap.... luckily one of my friends has EVERY codex (yeah he is one of those guys) so i grabbed each different kind of marine codex and was instantly captivated by the background and coolness of the blood angels. That led to problem number two... whilst painting the few griffons i had done i much prefered painting the yellow than the red. dammit!

Then it happened.

i saw a pic in the colour section and it was if the emperor himself had spoken to me.. this was going to be the start of something epically enjoyable...

this is the result ...

gallery_64996_8007_446055.jpg

Archived