New Recruit for the Tower of Angels

Russ Brother 92

Hail Brothers,

I am Russ Brother and I come from distant lands of ice and snow...

your realm of floating rocks and gothic architecture are unknown, sorrowful places to my eyes...

And yet I wish to pass through the doors of the Tower of Angels, there are ancient debts to be repaid and a company of the Angels of Absolution is required for the task...

I am starting a currently small Angels of Absolution force - aiming for 1500-2000 points atm. I will be using the Dark Vengeance set as my basis (it will be vehicles and footslogging, based around a Belial c/as w/ Deathwing and a main core of regular marines) - I'm going to buy at least one more (I can keep the chaos stuff for my 30k Death Guard or to sell) and it will be much cheaper than buying the same amount atm.

what I require is advice from the fellows here about (and I know the new codex comes out next month) what to buy or at the very least how I should paint the Deathwing (as the main force is done in Bone not Green) I was thinking doing them Green or perhaps Black (as I'm not having Ravenwing so it won't clash) but again idk how this would look and I don't want a really dark army.

thanks,

your wulfen brother...

as far as I know or at least understand, the 1st and 2nd co are the same scheme. I believe the RW equivalent are called the warders and the DW are called something else (c'mon brothers help me out!)

And, a really great and easy bone scheme is as thus;

BASE: Rakarth Flesh

SHADE: none

LAYER 1: Pallid Witch Fleshn(leave the rakarth in the recesses and anywhere else you want shadows)

LAYER 2: edge highlight with White Scar.

It's very Simple and really is eye pleasing. (don't be surprised if you get mobbed for the recipe. feel free to share)

Well met, Brother! I guess we will be skipping the Honour Duel now that you are one of us. :cuss

The Angels of Absolution are a great choice, all bone just looks menacing and really stands out on the table-top. While they are Unforgiven to the bone (sorry, couldn't resist), their main difference is that they consider themselves absolved from the shame and stain of the Fall. However, they still hunt the Fallen with the same zeal and ruthless nature as do the other Unforgiven Chapters.

WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE? If it isn't the infamous Russ Brother! Please proceed to the delousing chamber and report back in your new clean surplice... :cuss

Frankly you couldn't have picked a better time - it seems our new Codex will be out in January so loads of stuff will be coming the DAs way! Make yourself comfortable - you're gonna spend a lot of time here!

As regards what to paint your DW please note that the bone-white is a DA specific thing. Of course you're welcome to paint them in a different patternt to the rest of your force but successors are not known for color variations...

Again, welcome to the Rock brother! :)

haha thanks for the welcome Brothers of the Unforgiven... now yes I shall be donning the Bone of the Angels of Absolution the idea of them NOT being Unforgiven but still following the creed ;) - I'm still Grey and Wulfen at heart haha - I am glad that the new codex is coming out next month BUT I rather like the old/current one haha - so much fluff behind them and their hunt for Cypher which (I believe but icr) they've brought back as playable as the original model is still one of my all-time faves :P

plus Contemptor Mortis love!!

I think I'll go for a DA Green w/ Bone for tabards with the Deathwing ;) though any TDA guys except Belial and perhaps one Libby and Chaplain (that'll be attached to the Deathwing thus in the same colours) will be done in either Bone w/ Green tabards or Red w/ Bone tabards...

atm the only models I'm likely to paint are my Space Wolves (at least until the new codex drops and I get it) as I'm using them for an escalation (much better to get them finished and THEN I can use all my attention for our Unforgiven brethren) - I hope there's a more detailed painting section for them, especially with how the 1st/2nd company is painted for successors (other than the Angels of Vengeance and Disciples of Caliban - both of whom have Deathwing in black armour.

Archived