Were all the Dark Angels lost on Caliban only the Fallen?

[TA]Typher

Well they could play Deus Ex Machina and have Grey Knights find such Angels, scan them and fine them untainted. However Inner Circle would probably kill such angels off still, if not else, just for endangering them simply revealing or putting themselves in position where they could have revealed their secret to someone and Inquisition off them all. I mean Dark Angels aren't known Unforgiven without a reason. But I am a tad eager to see how Mr. Voteck will do his DA Fluff.

Whatever the situation, it is not looking good for the loyalist angel in the Warp.

Whatever the situation, it is not looking good for the loyalist angel in the Warp.

That is very probable, but think about this..

Although perusing the the fallen is often viewed as paramount to the Unforgiven because of their sometimes zealot actions it is NOT always the case.

In the novel Angel of Darkness (SPOILER)

A squad of DA all died by suicide instead of pursuing The Fallen Angel Cypher. Left in their tower on the planet they had the option to chasing the Fallen and retrieving there stolen gene-seed stores, which was a twice the motivation, and by doing so release a viral bomb on the populace of a planet OR stay locked in the tower and keep the population safe. Although one chose to leave (and was subsequently shot and killed by another of the inner circle) they remained, and by doing so let Cypher escape with the gene-seed.

If that isn't a blind motivator to be a complete zealot I don't know what is.

Yet, despite that they chose the hazards of letting a fallen live, and the possibility of their exposure over the death of an entire planet.

If this train of thought doesn't open the possibility of a Lost Angel being reincorporated through some arduous process I don't think I can convince you further. Of course I'm not saying that it's readily probable, just that it's possible if all the cards played out in the right order.

[TA]Typher, I think that if it is the way you want to write it up, that's all good. It's extremely unlikely IMO, but my opinion doesn't really matter to your story. :)

Regarding the events in Angels of Darkness, that's what this new Legacy of Caliban series is going to explore, the reactions to the events in that book. I will say that

Boreas' actions have been influenced by a known Fallen, and I would think that his note and the Inner Circle's knowledge of his activities and participation in said interrogation wouldn't lead them to look favorably on Boreas.

I haven't gotten a hold of the Ravenwing book yet,

so I'm not entirely sure that is in fact what happens, but at best I think they will be very conflicted about the results.

The Deathwing story in the codex does say it's one of many stories telling about similar things. But yeah. lqtm

It is one of those stories that is most likely true. As they have gone in to detail about it. But for in 40kverse it has gone into Legend status so other tales have surfaced to explain it because well that is how 40kverse works for some silly reason.

I mean you would think that an event like that in the history of the DA, seeing how it isn't bad as traitors..., would be noted in the archives so everyone would remember...

Just please keep in mind that I am not saying that the loyalist from the Heresy era pulled through the Warp Rift is 100% true. Just that there is a "small" probability to it. And even though there is a "small" probability doesn't mean it likely. Also that I don't think it likely. Part of that reasoning is that it goes against how everything for the DA currently is portrayed.

I am just using it so I can have an easier way of using my Pre/heresy DA in normal 40k. Plus I do like the idea of it. lqtm. But that still doesn't mean that it is likely.

any of the marines dropping onto the surface likely would have been known by the DA at the time, and therefore recorded as KIA on Caliban.

If you could prove you were one of those Marines, problem solved. However, it is unlikely that any of them survived the destruction of Caliban. I reckon the ones that actually went down were Lion's guards and they, and Luthers, died to a man in the fight that followed leaving the two to battle it out to the death.

Archived