Why do you like the Dark Angels

Justcar

It started off with a picture of Asmodai. I was looking through a 40K rulebook or something, way back in 1995 (I still played Battletech back then), but when I saw the image of Asmodai, standing there with his Crozius Arcanum and power sword, I thought it looked kick ass. 5 Years later (after the fall of Battletech), I was in a hobby store, the new 3rd edition was released and on the shelf next to it was Asmodai. I bought both and got into 40K and the Dark Angels.

I continue to play the Dark Angels because of the fluff and they are different and special compared to other chapters. I can 'field' 3 different armies in one and Interrogator-Chaplains and I have very similar job descriptions (but not the methods).

If I could be a space marine, I would be a Dark Angel Interrogator-Chaplain.

Had a good start for a SM army (2nd edition and 4th edition starters), so all I needed was to figure out which chapter I wanted to play.

And since they're all SM, you go by fluff of the individual chapters.

Dark Angels appealed to me the most.

So yeah, initially, fluff and artwork.

Only much later did we actually get any real range of models.

Message only for inner circle within inner circle:

Tranmission started

-==-=-==--+_+-=-__===-__--=--

There is nothing black and white with Dark Angels.

Grey is your friend.

Their history, and their divide.

Good guys that aren't nice and bad guys that aren't evil.

You don't know who is right and who is wrong.

Dark Angels are essence of 40k where is only war and everything is not what it seems.

Lets take Imperium in 30k and 40k.

From age on enlightment to age of darkness.

In theory Imperium have won horus heresy, but in fact Imperium has lost everything it was to that moment.

No longer enlighted, now full of superstition, but still Imperium of Mankind and we have no better than this one.

We have to support it because without it, we are doomed and lost to the vile chaos, orcs etc.

Same with the Dark Angels. During the horus heresy they have divided between Luthor and Lion. Noone really knows what happened and why.(even tho I have read all books involving DA)

The thing is that like with the Imperium, Dark Angels won with their traitor brothers, but it ended bad just like the Imperium.

Now DA hunt for the fallen ones, from which many are just Space Marines loyal to their Imperium the problem is that their is enlighted, not superstitious.

Our DA are zeal, honorable, stubborn and righteous and i love them for that.

I like them because of their Knight orders history/background.

Like I said, nothing is like it seems to be.

-==-=-==--+_+-=-__===-__--=--

end of transmission

Now I'll go to my cell for my redemption.

I love the fluff, i read page after page on GW, wikipedia, wikia sites etc then a stumbled upon Cypher which of course directed me to all things Unforgiven and fallen. then i took another look into the heresy for their story. then got the codex and saw BELIAL! boom termy army! and SAMMAEL and his RW force! simply put - whats not to like?

For me it was the fluff, Asmodai's model (even though the sword didn't fit with the fluff of what the Blades of Reason was described like :jaw: ,) but mostly the fluff. That was the tail end of 2nd edition but I didn't start playing until 3rd Ed as I didn't have enough models as I had bought a tactical squad(metal one,) a rhino, Asmodai and the Captain DA model(the metal one with the feathered rabbit ears :yes: )

Plasma

Fluff

Flexibity of playing as normal marines, pure terminator, pure biker or combo lists very effectively.

Green

Plasma

Deathwing

Whole secretive, rather ruthless and end justifies means but not overboard zealots generally like Inquisition and / or Black Templars (except when it comes to the Fallen)

Did I mentioned plasma?

I'd say it's a mix of many things but the most important has to be background... The sense of guild, the hidden agenda, the secrets, circles within circles... Beutiful stuff!!! While other marines see themselves as noble nkight in protection of humanity, the DAs are effectively a secret society with their own agenda superceding the needs of the Imperium! Cool huh? <_<

And welcome Disciple of Caliban Sgt! You'll have fun here! ;)

Because they're the only Legiones Astartes still around. :P

I think you forgot about the Space wolves, who still act the same way they did in the 31st millenium...

I dont remember any mutants been in the Legions Astartes back then :)

Sorry wolfies you know I love you no matter what :D

Because they're the only Legiones Astartes still around. :P

I think you forgot about the Space wolves, who still act the same way they did in the 31st millenium...

I dont remember any mutants been in the Legions Astartes back then :)

Mutants? If you mean the wulfen, they existed in the 31st millenium. Or do you mean something else?

A few reasons.

Green is one of the few colors I seem to be able to do fairly well. And since I've not had a painted Army since my Rogue Trader days, it was time I decided on a scheme I could paint fairly quickly. With the Army Painter releasing the Warpaints line with matching brushon colors, Angel Green Primer paired with Brushon will help speed the process

I am learning to paint Black and Bone better through the Deathwing and Ravenwing

The Dark Vengeance set came out... Having aquired 6 Tactical Squads, 4 Terminator Squads, and 3 five man Bike Squads; I'm kind of heavily invested now. And the models are really spiffy!

Hot flaming Plasma death... I have always loved plasma weapons...

They arent Ultramarines...

I used to really dislike them, Was a big Ultramarines fan since the beginning... Then I don't know slowly they sneaked up on me :D.

Now I am a Huge DA fan.

As to why I like them?

Well my friend used to have a DA army during 2nd Edition, but he sucked using them I used them a few times and kicked his ass with his own army :)

Could be the original terminator army list

The other half of my personality, the cold and silent one that I wear most of the time.

They arent Ultramarines...

And Clint Eastwood (the spaghetti westerns).... We do what we do regardless of what you think and we cannot be swayed from our goal which is totally inscrutable untill it comes to fruition.

And my mate started Wolves and we were gonna end up fighting each other...

Because they're the only Legiones Astartes still around. ;)

I dont remember any mutants been in the Legions Astartes back then :cuss

Saga of the Weregeld, and the Raven Guard's little secret that only the space puppies know about (mutants created due to acceleated geneseed growth/maturing to rebuild post-Istvaan).

Archived