My New Chapter

Orlando_Furioso

The highlighting and colours are very sharp, they're rather exquisite.

Funnily enough the quartered purple and blue scheme is very similar to the first ever 5 marines that I painted though I did a terrible job of it!

Thanks for the comments so far, I have a Contemptor Dreadnought on the spray-painting stand ready to be done next, along with an attack bike, a Squad of MKIV Astartes and the MKIV Command Set en route from FW. I'll start posting the WIP as soon as I can!!

Woody

I think he needs some skin grafts, he's missing some flesh... A flamer to the face will do that!

Is your chapter going to be loyalist or have they freshly broken from the Emperors shackles?

I only ask because in my opinion, the skull you've used and the state of the blade suggest Nurgle.

Excellent job painting - you've got a nice and smooth finish, although I feel the dirty yellow on his pistol is more appropriate to Orks of the Bad Moons clan.

Thanks for all the comments people, @Melekharn, the idea is that they are loyalists, I was just playing about with some spare dead-heads and trying out the scheme from the new painting guide for the Undead-looking flesh. I totally agree about the pistol, I think it is a bit too yellow, I'm sturggling to get a more toned-down yellow with the new paints, but I'll get there :P)

More to follow!!!

WOody

I'm liking it. Especially the almost bruised tone to the flesh.

Coupled with your 'lost XI legion' section under your profile pic it makes me think the gene-seed has degraded them to the point of being walking corpses for whatever reason/mutation and they were hidden away.

Look forward to more,

BT

Archived