Exsanguinator?

Blood Reaver

If you don't want your Priest to look like blinged-up lil' Johns, the Exsanguinator, or Narthecium, is still a valid choice. There's no point in having a giant, blood-filled cup on a battlefield and let your wounded drink from it like it was a special potion displayed in the Asterix comics.

The Exsanguinator is a Narthecium, however the name was lost when we got updated to the pdf-codex. Same mechanics, but we were brought in line with C:SM, so that's the only reason why the Exsanguinator doesn't exist under this name anymore. :P

Some d-bags argue from time to time that, without the wargear Blood Chalice in the codex, your Priest is not allowed to provide his FnP/FC bubble...if you are in this unlucky position of playing against one of them, smack him. With your codex, with the rulebook, and with the dreadsock(old metal furioso in a sock B) ) because that's not good sportsmanship, especially since it states in the codex that the true chalices are very rare, so shards of them are kept in the Narthecii and still provide the same boni.

Snorri

i think i might of misstated my question a little, i was actually asking if the sanguinary priests also provided the Exanguinator buff (ignore a failed save on one model within 6' range" ontop of the blood chalice buff for feel no pain because i am making a twin angel list. Blood angel death companies supported by Sammael and ravenwings. Im having trouble deciding whether i should take both apothecaries AND Sanguinary Priests on bikes to provide both buffs for my army or if Sanguinary Priests can fit the bill on his own.

Definitely not. Sanguinary priests only have the Blood Chalice (Although it can be represented in WYSIWYG as a Narcethium). As Brother apocalyptic said, the Blood Chalice only provides the FNP and FC bubble, and only provides it to Blood Angel units. You'll need to bring in Dark Angel Apothecaries to do whatever it is that they do.

Says in the codex that the sanguinary priest FnC and FC bubble works for all friendlies within 6', with Battle Brother allies in the 6th edition shouldn't it still work for the Dark Angels (battle brother relationship) too?

Update: Never mind, its on the Blood Angel 6th edition Amendments stating that it only works with allies chosen from the Blood Angel codex, damn that sucks =(

i was actually asking if the sanguinary priests also provided the Exanguinator buff (ignore a failed save on one model within 6' range" ontop of the blood chalice buff for feel no pain because

No.

The Exsanguinator was the blood angels name for the modified Narthecium, that allowed a blood transfusion directly from the priest, as opposed to simply administering drugs.

Since the new codex, this rule has been replaced with the Blood Chalice, which provides an aura.

The simple answer is this: If it is not in the codex...then it is not in the codex and you cannot use it.

Definitely not. Sanguinary priests only have the Blood Chalice (Although it can be represented in WYSIWYG as a Narcethium). As Brother apocalyptic said, the Blood Chalice only provides the FNP and FC bubble, and only provides it to Blood Angel units. You'll need to bring in Dark Angel Apothecaries to do whatever it is that they do.

So, I've never played in a tournament that was WYSIWYG. Well, we won't allow proxies (These Necrons are filling in for some missing Orks) but they don't care that I use IPs as Melta Guns on my Assault Squads and that all of my shooty Nobz and Flash Gits make apperances as Lootas. Assault Squads with Jump Packs in a Razorback, we're just pretending they're not there. That kind of thing. As long as its consistant!

That being said, the lore says that (don't ask me to find a reference) a Priest may not have a grail, but is depicted in his wargear. Such as a grail on his armor, back pack or weapon. That is how all of my preists are modeled. Salvaged peices from Sanguinary Guard and Death Company kits with the Grail on the armor. Paint red, white trim / helm. Bam! Priest! No one has ever objected.

So, if I roll into a WYSIWYG Area, knowing that my Jump Packs and IPs won't fly, will the Priest fly or would someone go "No! Thats just a Jump packless Assualt Marine! HE NEEDS A CUP!" Cause... there are "those guys" out there.

Archived