Predator Annilator?

Hymirl

Forgot about this version, but I find baal predators better than normal ones for this role ;)

Objectively I'd say that the twin assault cannon is better than the autocannon for anti-infantry purposes. The upside to the autocannon is that that variant costs 45 points less. Downside is that its Heavy Support instead of Fast Attack. For a low points game I could be persuaded to the autocannon pred, or if I wasn't using the heavy support slots otherwise (or had several to spare, like in double FoC).

I also really like the scouting rule on the Baal to get into a good firing position or hide from some anti-tank pre-first turn. But true, the predator is a very cheap alternative - but the twinlinked assault cannon is a lot stronger than the autocannon if you think about it, against every opponent. Hell, it can even deal with flyers if you have to.

Agreed, hence why I said I'd definitely only consider the auto/hb predator in a situation where I had limited points or an overabundance of of available FoC slots. The twin assault cannon is better, but is it 45 points better? Perhaps not. But that's usually a moot point because there's rarely situations where I'd want to use the heavy support predator as opposed to Storm Ravens, Vindicators, or Auto-Las Predators instead.

Archived