Ravenwing Battleforce - Should I Get One?

captain sox

My local GW has a few Ravenving Battleforce boxes in stock, and I have have the urge to spend my Christmas $$. Should I get one? Will the new ones be compatible with the old ones? Oh the nerd panic is setting in! Buy now or wait? (we all know waiting sucks).

Talk me down off the ledge! Must spend... but is it a good buy? Would you still get one if you had the chance?

In that WD pic it shows the RW RAS box still and it looks like it's the same models. which probably means the old speeder.

If you are wanting to get a full squad go that way or just buy the RAS box and the RW Command box too when it comes out.

The RAS is still a good buy for the models, even though you have to do some work to the speeder for it to fit together properly........

I wouldn't get the Ravenwing Battleforce. Just wait 15 days, and add what cash you can to what you have. Then, on January 12th, go wild. -_-

If after you have has some time to read the codex and reflect upon what sort of forces you want to collect, and you still want more Bikes/Attack Bikes/Land Speeders, then you may want to pick up a Ravenwing Battleforce. Alternately, it might actually even be cheaper to simply get parted out Ravenwing Bikes from Dark Vengeance, pick up an attack bike separately, and also get a Land Speeder separately. The newer Land Speeder in particular fits together a whole hell of a lot better, and has all of the weapon options (plus a heavy flamer) that the one in the Ravenwing Battleforce has.

^^^ I had forgot about that. Like Shab said. You could just get two DV RW squads and then the other stuff separately, which then you can get the better speeder kit. It could even be cheaper than the RW Battleforce (RAS.)

The only thing would be how you would want to spec them out. It will take a little bit of converting/modeling to get those guys so you can do whatever. If you are going to try to make them be able to have any of the choices. Meaning magnets and all.

The style of the bikes in the RW Battleforce is also different from that of the newer bikes. The newer bikes are superior in crispness of detail, quality of detail, molding, fit, etc. I will likely pick up an extra set of the DV bikes so as to modernize my three RW Attacks Bikes as well.

Also, I just checked prices on this stuff. Bits places are charging about $15.00 for the three DV RW bikes, so add that $30 to the cost of an attack bike ($27.25) and a land speeder ($30), and it comes to about $87.25. That assumes you don't get the attack bike and land speeder at a discount and pay even less.

Rather than get a RW Battleforce, I would instead get the above and a box of black knights, which will cost about the same as a RW Battleforce anyways, excepting you will have three more bikes than you would have, and elite ones at that. Then, use any extra bits from various boxed sets set to further differentiate your DV bikers from one another.

The nature of this suspense is definitely Licensed to Kill!

Also with note about the DV sets and then the other boxes to make your RAS is that with two DV RW sets you get, in total, 2 PlasmaGunners... Where as the RW Battleforce you don't get any, iirc. Just extra shoulder pads and swords, etc, etc. Which you could just buy that sprue off the net, too, if wanted ^_^

I would temper the desire to get multiple DV/RW bike sets, as they will not mix well together to form one reasonable RAS. I do know what I am talking about.

I have two RAS formed from four combined DA/RW sets, they seriously lack in several ways. I am waiting for the new RW sets to come out so I can re-configure my DVRW's into more visually compelling RAS's.

Patience padwon.

For those like me who still want to start a biker army, the RW box will be the way to go it seems. Add in a couple boxes of Black Knights, and I should be able to get to 4-5 squadrons with what I have already. Then I gotta get a few more land speeders. I've never put one together yet, so that will be an adventure in itself.

For those like me who still want to start a biker army, the RW box will be the way to go it seems. Add in a couple boxes of Black Knights, and I should be able to get to 4-5 squadrons with what I have already. Then I gotta get a few more land speeders. I've never put one together yet, so that will be an adventure in itself.

Landspeeders really aren't that hard to build. Just carefully test fit and you'll be fine.

paint the interior first too before assembly. You'll drive yourself mad otherwise.

I'm in the minority, but I enjoy the LS kit. it's a fun build.

Archived