Did the Lion really wait to see who won!

Spaniard

Greetings all,

I enjoy reading about the dark angels in the book angels of darkness, but it confussed me a little and i feel a bit lost did the lion really wait to see what side won. What book should i read next to help me fill the void that i feel right now. im sticking with the dark angels no matter what happens ive been so excited to get the new codex ive been calling every store i know just to get the white dwarf mag.

Before anything, read 'Savage Weapons' from the "Age of Darkness" anthology. This will set the record straight as to where the Lion stood on the matter! ;)

Welp looks like I'm buying another book!

A true Son of the Lion will never believe the blasphemous lies dripping from the lips of a Fallen. Their poison issues straight from the dark Gods of Chaos themselves.

In short, no, the Lion did not wait to see who won. He was however repeatedly sidetracked by the followers of Arch-Heretic.

All of the above suggestions are excellent ones to lead you back to the path of righteousness in our gene-father's eyes. Be faithful, for the eyes of the Inner Circle have surely sought you out for your questioning and all know that at the end of that path is Cell 42...

A true Son of the Lion will never believe the blasphemous lies dripping from the lips of a Fallen. Their poison issues straight from the dark Gods of Chaos themselves.

In short, no, the Lion did not wait to see who won. He was however repeatedly sidetracked by the followers of Arch-Heretic.

All of the above suggestions are excellent ones to lead you back to the path of righteousness in our gene-father's eyes. Be faithful, for the eyes of the Inner Circle have surely sought you out for your questioning and all know that at the end of that path is Cell 42...

^^^exactly. :)

Also you can get it from an LGS most likely if they get GW. It all depends on where you want to get it from and how much you want to pay. You could even go to BL and pay extravagant shipping costs. lqtm

The ongoing story is that the Dark Angels are having it out with the Night lords in a protracted fight that spans years. The Night Lords have been ordered to keep the Ark Angels busy by Horus. I'll not give any further details, but the story Prince of Crows by Aaron D-B, from the HH book Shadows of Treachery, continues the ongoing the tale. Let's just say that the Night Lords are in for some hard times, and that Sevatar is becoming an iconic character worth following in his own right.

Greetings all,

I enjoy reading about the dark angels in the book angels of darkness, but it confussed me a little and i feel a bit lost did the lion really wait to see what side won.

The thing to remember is that Astelan is what is known in literary circles as an unreliable narrator. In other words, you, as the reader, can't be sure anything he says is true!

Age of Darkness is a great anthology, and I would highly recommend it. :tu:

Think one of the codices or Index Astartes articles already stated that the Lion and the Wolf were racing back to Terra together, with additional delays because of Russ wanted to help a few places to passed en-route.

Ramblings of a Fallen aren't to be trusted.

Wasn't there once some very old fluff about the guys on Caliban being Loyalists and the Lion's force being Traitor, but once the battle was done and the Lion's force had won word reached them that Horus had lost so they declared for the Emperor?

This would have been back when the green armour was first introduced.

Wasn't there once some very old fluff about the guys on Caliban being Loyalists and the Lion's force being Traitor, but once the battle was done and the Lion's force had won word reached them that Horus had lost so they declared for the Emperor?

That's pretty much what Astelan claims in a nutshell, but I've never heard it anywhere else, and that would contradict tons of official fluff.

That's pretty much what Astelan claims in a nutshell, but I've never heard it anywhere else, and that would contradict tons of official fluff.

Right, I've not read that though, so I guess he's 'repeating it' from an early piece that the new stories contradict (which is a pretty neat bit of bundling up, really).

I don't remember it being said anywhere else beyond Angels of Darkness. There was Eye of Terror but that was really just saying that the Emperor is dead and that the Imperium was not worth following because they know about the Chaos Gods. :lol:

1. Astellan was on Caliban for years while the rest of the DA were away with the Lion.

2. Astellan is not a badarse psyker capable of penetrating the mind of a Primarch (i.e. he hasn't read the Lion's mind, such that he knows with certainty what the Lion's motivations for anything are).

3. We know that Horus sent the DA out to the arse end of space purposely, just to get them out of the way (Horus did this with other Legions too).

4. Astellan was an adherent of Luther, who we know was a pawn of Chaos and lying sack. That makes Astellan a simple dupe (makes for good reading though).

And that is just the basic stuff that doesn't really revel any spoilers from fairly recent BL books. Based on just that, we can be pretty sure that the Lion wasn't just waiting around to see who won. A similar thing happens with the Ultramarines by the way- sent on a mission in near Legion strength to the arse end of space by Horus, ambushed/harried by traitors, etc. But I guess Gulliman was just sitting around getting a perm and having his nails done, waiting to see who won too. :lol:

Amen! :o

In Spain we´ll get the primarch book in my B´day. 10 janury. Good gift!

He cut out one of Leman Russ's hearts because he felt Russ was responsible for making him miss the battle for Terra.

So... what do you think? ^_^

He realized what he had done immediately afterwards and stood by his bedside until he recovered too. Later the two and Dorn swore an oath of brotherhood before going their separate ways.

I so hope this piece of old fluff gets into a HH book....

He cut out one of Leman Russ's hearts because he felt Russ was responsible for making him miss the battle for Terra.

So... what do you think? ^_^

He realized what he had done immediately afterwards and stood by his bedside until he recovered too. Later the two and Dorn swore an oath of brotherhood before going their separate ways.

I so hope this piece of old fluff gets into a HH book....

My point wasn't who was right or wrong in the matter. The point is that Johnson was obviously very, very angry over missing the defense of Terra. Johnson rarely lost his temper and preferred stoicism over rash action. For something to move Johnson to killing one of his own brothers is quite significant. It pretty much invalidates the whole "DA are traitor who waited to see who won" argument.

Archived