Damocles Rhino

Morticon

A few questions:

1. Can the Damocles be the HQ choice for a SM ally detachment?

2. Can a Damocles be your only HQ?

2a. If it can, what happens to Warlord?

Thanks!

No.

"
The Damocles Command Rhino can only be taken as a Space Marine army's second HQ choice.
", IA v2,
Pg

英語を話真下でください。

English please.

Now, in the IA update that forge world released there is no rule saying it has to be the 2nd HQ choice, it just says it can be a HQ choice for marine armies.

So, 1: Yes. 2: Yes. 2A: It would gain the trait and benefit from it if applicable, it could get outflank ability but furious charge would do nothing. But since it is part of your allied detachment then it cannot be your warlord. Any HQ would be a better call because having a 11av vehicle is just asking to give up slay the warlord.

Now, in the IA update that forge world released there is no rule saying it has to be the 2nd HQ choice, it just says it can be a HQ choice for marine armies.

Sorry, I don't buy it. Just because they have a blurb which clarifies what Codex's count as "Space Marine armies", doesn't negate the rule that it must be taken as a second HQ. But this will be one of those "agree to disagree" unresolvables. So Mort, I wouldn't play it that way and I wouldn't accept my opponent playing that way - so discuss before playing I guess. :D

Sorry, I don't buy it. Just because they have a blurb which clarifies what Codex's count as "Space Marine armies", doesn't negate the rule that it must be taken as a second HQ. But this will be one of those "agree to disagree" unresolvables. So Mort, I wouldn't play it that way and I wouldn't accept my opponent playing that way - so discuss before playing I guess. :D

The whole issue is if it is from a detachment it doesn't matter at all because it cannot be the warlord. And unfortunately I would have to allow it, none of the other vehicles require you to look elsewhere for rules. And if someone is that desperate to take a marine detachment (for what OP unit we have that no other army has {besides contemptor dreadnoughts} is beyond me) and is taking a 60ish point HQ then they are most likely a person I try to avoid in playing, because if I want to fight a tryhard list then I will do so in tournaments.

Archived