How will the deathwing change?

Polythemus

Looks like the cost of a 5-man squad with 2 x th/ss + 1 asscannon will be 250 points -- which is 5pts more than current cost for that build.

Cyclone squad with 2 x th/ss looks to be 255.

Not so bad if you don't spam on th/ss. In other words -- the DW traditional 'mix a little bit of everything' DW squad is now the more points-efficient way to go ;).

Could be worse -- and special rules will boost abilities too. So overall probably well worth it.

That's great to hear! Mainly because I already mix in 2x th/ss with SB/PF and AC/PF Terminators ;)

For my 2 pence,

Not a "competitive" player but appreciate being able to have an enjoyable (not having my arse handed to me, but equally not dominating) game.

deathwing are the coolest unit in the game (fluff wise) and now look to have some nice new models to make them equally. Ppl on the tabletop. Also looks like we get some new models so that can only be a bonus.

So re-balancing works for me, a bit fed up of seeing all TH lists, adding a mix can only be a good thing.

same for multi wing army's. the first legion isn't orks (get into combat as quick as possible). but follows the tactical genius of The Lion. So multi wing works for me.

points wise (and rumour wise), a few more points doesn't seem so bad, especially with the option to add single models. In my opinion we had some cheap units (and some horrendously expensive ones) but spenderng an extra few points on a dw model. Saves a bit of wargear head scratching. Spitfire sounds worthwhile too and bound to open up more tactical options.

The doom and gloom (which I shall add to) over something we have never seen, is a little depressing

I fully expect the new codex will probably be branded as overpowered,

With a glut of new "always played DA players" until the next codex comes out.

Then a wave of ultra marines cropping up, (along with the inevitable bitching) when C-SM comes out.

Either way, we have been through it before, and will go through it again.

I personally enjoy painting and playing with the range of models we can. And can't wait for an update. (as long as they don't screw up ezekiel)

Over and above the obvious interest around Deathwing squads and Knights, the other key issues here are Belial's cost and what he does; also whether generic Master get access to termy armour. As of yet we can only speculate on how they will play out.

Cheers

I

Archived