Angels of Judgement (DA succesor).

GrandMagnus

So I finally "finished" the fluff for my DA succesor chapter, the Angels of Judgement. I might still add some changes to the fluff or add some famous battles/campaings, but this is roughly the idea:

****************************************************************************************************

ANGELS OF JUDGEMENT. (ANGELI LUDICIUM).

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8633/chaptersymbol2.png

Predecessor: Dark Angels.

Succesors: Non.

Primarch: Lion El'Jonhson.

Founding: Unknown (possibly 32nd millenium).

Warcry: The chapter marches to war in silence or singing himns in dedication to the Emperor.

Chapter master: Grand Master Methelas.

Home world (Fleet based): Chapter barge “Sanctum of Angels”.

Strength: Unknown.

Colours: Blood red, black.

ORIGINS:

The chapter “Angels of Judgement” was created at an unknown time, though it is suspected to be in the 32nd millenium, using the Dark Angels chapters geneseed.

Their purpose was to be a moving battle-force whose official main objective would be to crush any rebellions or chaotic invasions in the Imperium. Their unofficial duty was to use this cover for hunting the Fallen, being constantly on the move to better keep up with those who where on the move.

FORTRESS MONASTERY:

The Angels of Judgement's fortress monastery is the huge chapter barge called “Sanctum

of Angels”. Although it can not comapre in size to The Rock or The Phalanx, its still a battle ship than can easely protect itself against even battle barges.

This barge is by definition a moving citadel, each company having its own dedicated wing in the main body. In the center lies the grand Cathedral, were the battle brothers go to worship the Emperor, the chaplains have their quarters and where the inner circle of the chapter meets. What is not known for all are the cells beneath the Cathedral were traitors are keep as prisoners for interrogation. It is equiped with all the needs of a space marine chapter locked in a constat crusade for penitence.

CHAPTER ORGANISATION:

The chapter has the same organisation as their father chapter, wich is a variation of the Codex Astartes. Its command structure is organized as the inner circle. It uses the same specialty ranks as the Dark Angels:

- Grand Master: The Chapter master of the Angels of Judgement, rank currently held by Grand master Methelas. Its the highest rank in the chapter and answers only to the Supreme Grand Master of the Dark Angels.

- Grand Master of Librarians: This master is the protecter of the chapters archives and the supreme librarian of the Angels of Judgement. This rank is currently held by Grand Master Zael “The Silent”.

- Grand Master of the Apothecaries: The Grand Master of Apothecaries serves as the Chapter's chielf Apothecary and oversees the medical needs of all the battle brothers as well as all biological research conducted. His most sacred duty is the protection of the gene seed. The current Grand Master is Neziel.

- Grand Master of the Forge: The Grand Master of the Forge is the superior officer of the techmarines of the chapter and oversees the armoury and forge. Hes the only member of this part of the chapter to be part of the inner circle. The current Grand Master is Astaroth.

- Grand Master of the Chaplains (Reclusiarch): The Reclusiarch of the Angels of Judgement oversees the duties of the chapters chaplains and the training of Interrogator-chaplains and also the overseer of the interrogations of Fallen Angels. The current Reclusiarch is Chamon.

- Master: The Masters are the equivalent of a space marine captain and control one of the 10 companies. Although not all chapter captains control a company, some serve as advisors for the Grand Master or are crucial members for the functioning of the chapter, such as masters of the fleet or masters of drill. They are members of the inner circle, but still dont know all the secrets of the unforgiven. Company masters are:

- Berith, Master of the “Brotherhood” the all elite terminator 1st Company of the chapter.

- Furfur, Master of the “Ravenwatch” the all fast assault elite 2nd Company of the chapter.

- Haures, Master of the 3rd Company.

- Veits, Master of the 4th Company.

- Uphir, Master of the 5th Company.

- Soneillon, Master of the 6th Company.

- Thamuz, Master of the 7th Company.

- Stolas, Master of the 8th Company.

- Moloch, Master of the 9th Company.

- Andras, Master of the 10th Company.

- Interrogator-chaplains: Especially trained chaplains, who use their skill at interrogation to get valuable information from all traitors and Fallen Angels captured by the chapter.

The 1st Company is known as the Brotherhood and is formed by the most elite battle brothers of the chapter, armoured in TDA suits and form the Spear tip of any assault done by the chapter. They go to battle wearing black armour as a sign of shame for the acts of treachery commited by the Fallen.

The 2nd Company is known as the Ravenwatch and is an all out elite fast attack force used to scout for fallen angels and to flank enemy troops. Having learnd part of the truth about the unforgivens secrets they paint their helmet and cloacks black in shame. A battle brother will only be free to repaint his armour red if he becomes a member of the Circle (except the masters of the 1st and 2nd companies) as he has redeemed his sins.

COMBAT DOCTRINE:

The Angels of Judgements favorite combat tecniques are straight forward assault upon the enemy, driving a speart tip trough their forces, separating them and destroying them with fierce determination. A planetary assault by the chapter usually goes like this:

First, a rain of steele, in wich hundreds of drops pds will smash straight into the enemy lines deploying their lethal cargo. Then the angels will form a spear tip with the Brotherhood in the front and crash their way through the enemy, separating them and destroying them. After that, it all becomes all out warfare and depending on the ongoing of the campaing, diferent tactics will be used although most end up in close combat fighting. Although most of the times the initial assault is suficient to crack the enemies spirit and spine.

CHAPTER RECRUITMENT:

The chapter gets its recruits from a series of monastic hive worlds belonging to the Ecclesiarchy located around the Storm of the Emperors Wrath in the Segmentum Ultima. These worlds are: Quisto'rol, Cuerion Prime, Cuerion Secundus and Maeloc'ros. The recruits are taken from the religious warrior cults that govern these worlds and taken to the Sanctum of Angels where they will be tested in body (by the apothecaries) and in mind (by the chaplains).

CHAPTER APEARENCE AND BADGE:

As a chapter battle brother joins a company he will be granted a red suit of power armour with black pauldrons and red trim. On his left knee pad it will show the company mark and on his right shoulder plate he will show the squad markings.

Once he has proven himself within the company he will be granted a bone coloured monk robe, but otherwise his armour will remain the same.

As his commander gets more and more satisfied with his effort, he may be granted the rank of company veteran, where his shoulder trims will be coloured black and his right shoulder plate will now show his own personal heraldry instead of squad markings.

The battle brothers next stage (if hes worthy) will be the Ravenwatch, 2nd company, where he will be granted black robes and repaint his helmet black. He will still wear his heraldry. 2nd companys black knee pad will be painted on his right leg.

If hes highly recomended he may enter the Brotherhood and repaint his armour completely black (still keeping his heraldry) but his robes will be red instead of black.

If fotune favours him and he becomes a master, his armour will return to the original red, as he will be considered redemed of the sins of the past.

The chapters badge is a white winged sword on a black background. The badge of the Brotherhood is a red winged sword.

Scouts only bear the white sword as they have not earned their right to bear wings.

CHAPTER BELIEFS:

The chapter fully believes that the only way of redemption is the destruction of the Emperors enemies. For this reason they travel the imperium hunting down humanities enemies. Unlike most chapters , the Angels of Judgement follow the imperial creed, and like all venerate the Emperor as the father of the Adeptus Astartes.

They do not trust strangers and much less the Inquisition. They prefer going into war in chanting himns praising the Emperor (himns usually led by the chaplains) or in complete silence. They dislike speaking to others outside of the Unforgivens vast circles. Although they value human lives they wont hesitate to eliminate witnesses to any secrets of the chapter.

“Praise the Emperor, father of the Imperium and master of mankind, for he will guide us through the ages to come. We, the Angels of Judgement, have been chosen by our brothers to cleanse His galaxy of the filth of corruption with the fury of the reightous. And it shall be so!”

- Grand Master Berethiol, First grand master of the Angels of Judgement, upon creation of the chapter.

****************************************************************************************************

As for the colour scheme of the chapter I think Ill be going for red power armour with black paldrons. Ill put up the chapter colurs later on and also a (very bad) sketch of the chapter banner (done-with-paint-cuality).

Another idea would be black power armour and white paludrons, but they would look a lot like Black Templars that way. Anyways, C&C apreciated.

Cheers brothers.

Thank you, Ill start the army by January after the horrible-mail-order-season ends (so about the 6th of January or so). Anyways, here I have for you the company markings:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3087/companymarkers.png

And here the chapter colours (note, the chest aquila is black):

Tactical/devastator/assault/veteran (veterans wear heraldry and black trims):

spacemarine.jpg

Ravenwatch, 2nd company:

spacemarine.jpg

The Brotherhood, 1st company:

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8274/1stcompanyfurywhip.jpg

And of course C&C welcome.

EDIT: I changed the company markers, note its a halo on top of the wings for the 2nd company, I was thinking of a raven skull/head but that would resemble the raven guard far too much.

Pretty cool. The only thing I would change is make the Chapter badge something reminiscent of the Dark Angels symbol, but not just the DA symbol in different colors.... Like a skull with a sword through it, or crossed swords, or make the wings a different style, etc.

Edit: Or, since they're the Angels of "Judgment", a symbol incorporating scales, or a hammer/ gavel would be neat and original. Just some thoughts...

Edit #2: What kind of red are you going with? I would go with a darker dried blood kind of look to avoid a Blood Angels appearance myself.

Pretty cool. The only thing I would change is make the Chapter badge something reminiscent of the Dark Angels symbol, but not just the DA symbol in different colors.... Like a skull with a sword through it, or crossed swords, or make the wings a different style, etc.

Edit: Or, since they're the Angels of "Judgment", a symbol incorporating scales, or a hammer/ gavel would be neat and original. Just some thoughts...

Edit #2: What kind of red are you going with? I would go with a darker dried blood kind of look to avoid a Blood Angels appearance myself.

Its a got point and I have been considering some things, but It was mostly because of all the DA symbols in the veterans sprue. Also I wanted something that would look good in free-hand and also would be too complicated. Anyways, Its still a WIP, so its due to change. Maybe using the simbol I have made for the 2nd company, with the folded wings since it looks a bit more "menasing". I wasnt thinking of adding the scales to the chapter symbol because I liked the winged sword, wich also would make it obvius that they are DA succesors.

But the chapter banner is inspired on the statue of Lady Justice, at least in the pose. This pose:

http://thetonygrands.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/justice2.jpg?w=538

Just an angel instead of a blind woman of course hehe.

Edit: I forgot to mention what kind of red, but yes, a darker, bloodier kind of red to fit in with the Unforgivens dark armour theme. Im considering how a hammer with wings would look...

Allright, so I changed the chapter symbol and the 2nd company badge. C&C please.

Im still working on the Chapter Banner, hopefully it will be finished soon and since Im going to start off with some 3rd company marines Im also going to work on their banner.

Archived