Angels of Darkness

Spaced Hulk

Well, after years (literally years :) ) of lurking on the forum and looking in awe at pictures of other peoples minis, I've finally managed to take some photo's of my own. I had intended to wait until the new codex is released before re-starting my Dark Angels, but the combination of all the new rumours and plenty of time off work over Christmas proved too much of a temptation.

I'll apologise now for the pics, they're pretty much my first attempt at photographing miniatures and I'm sure it shows. I also know there's plenty of mold lines and general tidying up that need some attention.

First up is my new, scratch built Chaplain:

gallery_917_7993_466812.jpg

Must admit, I built him based on some of the earlier rumours about multiple Elite choice Chaplains, so it's yet to be seen how useable he'll actually be. I've also got several of GWs metal Chaplain models (which I love) that I picked up before they changed to finecast, so he'll have some competition for a place in an army list. I like him though. And yes, the crozius is bigger than his own head :D

Next up, a plasma gunner:

gallery_917_7993_318349.jpg

He'll probably be part of a company veteran squad at some point. The thing sticking to the side of the gun is actually a purity seal.

Melta gunner:

gallery_917_7993_135461.jpg

Basic marine apart from the censor and the helmet wings. And how on earth did I mss the mold line on the gun! :D

Tactical Squad Leader:

gallery_917_7993_982143.jpg

Tactical Squad Sergeant:

gallery_917_7993_909043.jpg

gallery_917_7993_957885.jpg

On this pic you can just make out the death's head on his right shoulder pad. It's actually a Chaos Marine pad I'm using as his own personal heraldry.

Not sure about this next bloke yet. He'll either be a Company Veteran or an Assault Squad Srg:

gallery_917_7993_137794.jpg

gallery_917_7993_910683.jpg

gallery_917_7993_832078.jpg

And finally my new Company Master, the commander of the 8th Assault Company:

gallery_917_7993_1193491.jpg

gallery_917_7993_989998.jpg

gallery_917_7993_400356.jpg

The wreath on his right shoulder pad is meant to represent his Iron Halo. I've deliberately left the Blood Angels chalice iconography to represent the Cup of Retribution. When I write the Master's background I'll be including some reference to the Feast of Malediction.

gallery_917_7993_1051832.jpg

gallery_917_7993_862610.jpg

gallery_917_7993_165267.jpg

Gratuitous shot from below to display the iconography on his shins. These were actually Blood Angels legs that I shaved the blood drop off and replaced with very tiny swords. Extremely fiddly to do but I'm quite pleased how they turned out.

There you go. Hope you like them and any comments and criticism will be appreciated. Hopefully it won't take me quite so long to post some more :)

im digging them cant wait to see them finished.. consider the winged helm idea stolen lol I was wondering what I was going to do with all those little icons...

Cheers mate! :lol: I can't claim credit for the winged helms as I borrowed the idea myself! Here's where I first saw it

. Very inspirational army and well worth a look.

Archived