dark angels master Baradiel

zen2012

Hello this is my first time posting on the bolter and chainsword so if i make any mistakes sorry

I am currently planning on starting a dark angels force based around the 3rd company led by master Baradiel except i'm not sure how to create a good representation of him as all i could find out was that he used a storm bolter once so any more information or ideas about him would be great.

so that was my first post and i hope i get a reply so yeah ummm bye :)

No idea any more info for him but I always thought a Pedro Kantor conversion to Dark Angels would be awesome! And he has an awesome belt fed storm bolter.

Sorry if this is no hel.

Good luck.

Demio.

Accept the fact that your first try is going to fail and just have fun with it. It seems harsh, but this is a hobby that requires practice. I was horrible when I first started. All my friends were horrible. We couldn't paint or build properly.

Unless you have a lot of experience sculpting 28mm miniatures, just practice and have fun.

thanks for the replies

Demio- i never would of thought of using the pedro kantor model

twopounder-yeah that is one of my worst problems being put off doing things because it might fail so thanks for the advice.

Definitely don't give up! Practice makes perfect.

And the Pedro Kantor model could be a great conversion for Baradiel. I don't know what other weapons he might have but that model could be an easy start for the conversion as it is a nice belt fed stormbolter. And as its now finecast its easier to cut and all.

I wish you luck and fun with this if you choose to use him for your model and hope you can get in on the LPC, maybe even with him as you vow, to help the First Legion come out victorious! And keep in mind your January vow for the PtR can be used for the LPC, too!

i was gonna set myself some vows to comeplete my first dark venegeance tactical sqaud and the baradiel conversion so hopefully i will be able to post them up soon. i was thinking of using the pedro kantor minature but i'm rubbish at removing sculpted deatail....

any tips?

As said the Finecast stuff is not that bad for removing detail pieces. Still got to be careful when using an exacto knife and all but with it being plastic (resin, still a plastic but a different type of it. lqtm,) now its a lot easier to do. Just be careful and take it slow and try not to remove too much at one time. If you choose to do that that is.

That and some of the stuff you can use a small emery board or a small hobby file to remove some of those detail pieces.

A dremel on finecast might be a bit much. It's pretty soft. Metal, a dremel could be of help. Lol. Saying this as I have done some very easy cutting of Finecast. Cut off the Powerfist and some symbols from the 25th anny model and same for the stormbolter off the hand, aquila off booty plate and the crozius bird off the arcanum on the TDA chappy. But because of it being as soft as it is you would need to be careful.

But like he said there are several dremels that have a "low" speed setting which probably could be perfectly fine. I have an off brand rotary tool. Doesn't go slow enough. So that may be my feeling on a dremel being a bit overkill for Finecast. :)

Is Pedro's storm bolter arm a seperate piece? If so you could simply add it to a standard DA model if you wanted a robed appearance.

Alternatively the Grey Knights power armour box set is a good source of wrist mounted storm bolters (and power swords, halbards and hammers as well).

There also a storm bolter in the Marine Commander set and the Space Wolves box set (although the latter is obviously a bit more feral in appearance :) )

@Spaced Hulk, I believe the stormbolter is a part of the arm. I just can't remember if the arm is part of the main body.....

@Arkley, :) :tu: yeah, dremels are great! I wish I had a real dremel....... My crappy rotary tool doesn't go slow enough so I use it when I need to dig into something without much care or when needing to scrap off metal on an open area that doesn't have much other detail.

Zen2012, if you ever get a rotary tool for the hobby, it should be a real dremel. :)

Managed to find a pic of a metal Pedro model in it's blister pack:

Metal Pedro

The left arm, storm bolter, ammo belt and shoulder pad are a single piece and are seperate from the main body of the mini. I presume that the FineCast version is assembled the same way. So if you wanted to use Pedro's storm bolter (it is really cool) you might only have to file the Crimson Fists symbol from the shoulder pad, which with fine cast should be quite easy.

thanks for great replies guys, i was really stuck on this so cheers. i recently got my hands on a older style dremel so i think i will have a litte practice on some old models and then start the project, what i'm gonna do is use that arm and a robed bodie with power sword or some other such thing.

thanks for great replies guys, i was really stuck on this so cheers. i recently got my hands on a older style dremel so i think i will have a litte practice on some old models and then start the project, what i'm gonna do is use that arm and a robed bodie with power sword or some other such thing.

Dont use a dremel on finecast even the lightest touch with an adjustable speed dremel will remove way to much material. All you need is a new exacto #4 blade or a flash remover and a baggie of sanding sticks. I would hate for you to ruin a model by accident.

I stole my girlfriends battery powered nail file for removing mold lines. It is very easy to use, not overpowered for the job and comes with a range of different attachments to make all the difficult to get at stuff easy!

Archived