Evicerator, Jay or Nay?

GrandMagnus

So, according to the rulebook in the weapons section it mentions Chainsswords, wich includes the chainsword, the evicerator and the heavy chainsword (I dont know if those are the right names, my rulebook is in spanish). But it also mentions that in the power weapons section that when you chose one it can be a power sword, power axe, power maul, power spear. So my question is, if I give my space marine captain a chainsword, can I choose wheter its a regular chainsword or one of the other two, as with the power weapons?

Also, does anybody know how many bitz the Master of the Chapter set comes with?

No. A chainsword is a specific weapon, so is the heavy chainsword and the eviscerator, so they can't be swapped. They also cost different points too.

Cheers

I

A chainsword is a chainsword, if you want an eviscerator or heavy chainsword you have to have it modeled. WYSIWYG, same goes for power weapons.. they are what you have modelled, so if you have a mace modelled it counts as mace, nothing else.

Just to clear this up, as per the rule book (p61), only the power weapons may be changed according to how they are modelled on the model. This feature doesn't extend to the chainsword family.

And there is currently no option for the SM master to carry either a heavy chainsword or eviscerator anyway.

Just to clear this up, as per the rule book (p61), only the power weapons may be changed according to how they are modelled on the model. This feature doesn't extend to the chainsword family.

And there is currently no option for the SM master to carry either a heavy chainsword or eviscerator anyway.

Good, that was the kind of answer I was looking for.

Archived